𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝

After basking in the refreshing embrace of a shower, I reach for the soft towel, drying off with a gentle touch

After basking in the refreshing embrace of a shower, I reach for the soft towel, drying off with a gentle touch. At the sink, I take my time brushing my teeth and let the mouthwash bring me fully back to life.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I'm greeted by my dresser, a treasure trove of creams and lotions. I can't resist the beloved Brazilian Bum Bum cream, its warm scent wrapping around me.

All prepped, I pick out a cozy set of blue undergarments and head to the closet where sunlight streams in. I pull together a laid-back look—some comfy jeans and a cute crop top, just the vibe for a sunny day.

I slip into a stylish pair of Ugg sandals, ready to step out into the sun's glow. Happy with my picks, I hit the vanity to give my hair a little extra love, just a few tweaks to keep it looking fresh in the day's bright light.

So, it turns out that Katara's got herself a brand new bassinet, thanks to Maxon's shopping spree, even though I already told him she's got a crib set up in her room. But hey, looks like he missed that memo. I was already dressed and had hopped into the shower before all this.

Now, making my way downstairs, I place Katara down on her comfy pack and play mat. I'm on a mission, zipping around the house to grab all her important papers and her diaper bag—which, by the way, could use a few more diapers and wipes.

In the kitchen, I make sure we've got enough formula and clean bottles, plus a stash of pacifiers, 'cause you never know when Katara might need a little soothing.

Oh, and we're off to see the pediatrician today. We've just moved to this sweet spot, and it's time for Katara's check-up.

With everything packed and ready to roll, I scoop up the keys, gently lift Katara, and we head to the garage to hit the road in the comfort of the car.

Buckled in and safe, I pop to the back to toss one of Katara's strollers in the trunk. Sliding into the driver's seat, I tweak it 'cause Sage had it all outta whack for my height. I hook my phone up to the car and realize I never told Maxon I was dipping out. I decide to keep it that way, not really looking for company right now, especially after that whole scene with his fan club.

I park up at the pediatrician's, a neat 20 minutes early, ready for the usual paperwork marathon. I kill the engine, step out smooth, and get the stroller set up with the diaper bag and my purse all in place.

I sneak Katara into the stroller without waking her, lock the car, and we roll up to the front desk. I drop my details like I've done a million times and plow through the paperwork in a flash. We get called back, and there's Nurse Gwen with the warm welcome. She's taking care of Katara's checkup, and I mention the dry skin thing, hoping for a derm consult.

Gwen's all business, asking me to strip Katara down for the scale. It's chilly in there, but I get it done quick—weight, height, temp check. Then comes the hard part: shots time.

Nurse Gwen's got three shots lined up for Katara, two for one leg, one for the other. She asks if I'll hold her, and I'm all for it—gonna make sure my baby girl's got me there for comfort. I get ready to feed her as Gwen cleans up Katara's legs and does the shots as a way to keep her calm. My phone blows up right as Katara starts crying.

Katara's little legs are a bit red where the needles went in, and she's fussing. The doc tells us Tylenol will help with any pain. I'm holding back my own tears, trying to be strong for her.

Back in the car, I see Maxon's tried to call twice. I hit him back, and he picks up quick, worry all over his voice.

Babycakes🍰❤️
Hey, um, I apologize for missing your call. I was at the doctor's office with Katara

I explained, my voice trembling slightly.

My Nigga👅😩
What's the matter?
Did something happen to her?
And why didn't you tell me?

Maxon's urgency was palpable. Just then, Katara's cries grew louder, causing Maxon to panic. In the background, another person questioned,

My Nigga👅😩
Babe, where are you going?

Eliciting an exasperated sigh from me.

Babycakes🍰❤️
Maxon, we're fine and on the way home. We'll see you later.

I end the call with Maxon quickly.

Taking a moment to center myself with some deep breaths, I ease the car onto the road, doing my best to soothe Katara. On the way back, I hit up Sage—she's out shopping, so I ask her to grab some baby Tylenol for Katara.

When I pull up to the house, there's a car I don't recognize in the driveway. I grab my purse and the baby bag, slinging them over my shoulder with ease. As I go to lift Katara from the car seat, she wakes up crying—must've touched a tender spot.

I whisper sweet nothings to her as we head inside, both of us glad to be home. And there's Maxon, chilling on the couch with a soft smile as we walk in.

Katara's still fussed up from the shots, and I watch as Maxon gets up and takes her in his arms. He's got this way with her, chatting her into calmness.

Even though I'm trying to keep my feelings in check, watching them together gets to me. I shake it off and head to the kitchen to get the Tylenol for Katara, hoping it'll ease her soreness and get her feeling good again.

...
As I walked into the kitchen, I paused for a moment, questioning how he had managed to find his way into the house.

Outfits