Chapter 1

Hiccup was an outcast in Berk. People ignored him, some even despised him for being different from all the other teens. Hiccup was seen as weak and scrawny from the other Vikings.

He wasn't  Appreciated.

It all changed ever since he befriended a night-fury, the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. A dragon, a Viking's worse enemy.

He named his night-fury friend Toothless due to the dragon's retractable teeth. Hiccup learned a lot from his dragon friend, he used these new learnings during training, which caused him to excel a lot in dragon training.

No one was more proud than Stoick the Vast, the chief of Berk and also Hiccup's father. Hiccup made it to the final exam along with a girl named Astrid, a female Viking and also one of the best teen fighters on berk.

The winner gets to kill a wild monstrous nightmare.

Hiccup pov:

"Okay quiet down! The elder has decided." My dad said.

Oh, I really hope I don't get chosen. A man, named Gobber walked up to me and Astrid. I have been Gobber's apprentice ever since I was little, well littler. He was like a second father to me. Gobber lifted his hook to Astrid. The elder shook her head which caused some surprised gasps and noises from the large crowd around the dragon training arena.

This made my stomach drop. Gobber lifted his hand to me, and the elder smiled and nodded which earned cheers from the crowd.

I shivered, I can't kill a dragon! I won't kill a dragon.

"You've done it! You've done it hiccup! you get to kill the dragon!" Gobber yelled happily. The other teen Vikings carried me around cheering. "That's my boy!" My father yelled, I laughed awkwardly as I lifted my hand. "Yeah..yes! I can't wait! I am soo-"

---------------------------------------------------

"Leaving! We're leaving. Looks like me and you are going on a little vacation. Forever." I said as I arrived at the cove where I trained toothless. I can't kill a dragon or else ill betray Toothless' trust, he's my only friend. No one in the village cared about me anyway, they only started caring because I started doing good in dragon training. But that's all a lie, I'm not some tough warrior, I won't live a lie anymore.

I placed a basket full of fish on the ground and dumped it on the stone floor. "Toothless" I called again, I walked around looking for the black dragon. He poked his head from behind a big boulder and happily ate the fish on the floor. "We'll leave at night bud," I said as I pet his head.

If only I can change their minds about dragons, they aren't what they think they are.  I know I don't even have a chance to change their minds, so my only choice is to run away before they find toothless.

I can't let them kill my only friend.