Chapter 4

Hiccup POV:

Me and Toothless have been flying for at least more than an hour now. Im sure we're beyond the Barbaric Archipelago by now. Toothless let out a tired groan. I guess night furies are unable to fly long distances without resting. I should write that in my journal. "Alright bud, let's look for a place to land." I said as I patted his head softly. After a while of searching for land, we found an island. 

It looked perfect and it looks like no one has inhabited it yet! (it's the same island from RTTE btw) Toothless landed near a small cave, but it was big enough for us and Toothless to stay in. "Okay bud, I guess this is where we will be staying for the night."

I and my dragon friend entered the cave. Toothless happily grumbled as he put his head under my arm. "You hungry?" I asked. The black dragon lolled his tongue out as a response. "I'll take that as a yes" I chuckled and detached the two baskets from Toothless' saddle. I opened the basket where I stored our food in. I took a fish out of the basket and Toothless instantly took the fish and swallowed it whole. 

He looked at me and started to make a weird gagging sound. The same gagging sound he made when he made me eat a raw fish. "NONO- I'm good! I'm full, I ate before we left" Toothless tilted his head and stopped. "I'll just eat tomorrow bud, don't worry."

I shivered as I felt the cold breeze touch my skin. I took some sticks from around the area and toothless lit them up to make a fire to keep us warm. "You must be tired huh bud? Why don't you go rest for the night. You deserve it." I said as I grabbed the baskets and placed them in a corner.

I opened one of the baskets and took the blanket and pillow that I packed. I spread the blanket and placed the pillow on the floor. I laid down on the blanket, Toothless crawled up next to me and covered me with his wing to keep me warm. "Thanks, bud" I muttered before drifting off to sleep.

-time skip-

I woke up to the cold wind blowing in my face and heard the snoring of Toothless who was sleeping next to me peacefully. I stood up causing him to wake up. "Sorry for waking you bud, want some food?" I asked and toothless let out a happy groan. I walked over to the corner where I placed the baskets. 

I opened one of them and pulled out a fish and fed it to toothless. We soon stepped out of the cave and took a look at the sunrise and the beautiful ocean surrounding the island. "Y'know this place isn't so bad. What do ya think bud? Do you think this place is fit to be our new home?" I asked as I turned to toothless. He let out a happy roar. I smiled and pet his head gently earning a gummy smile from him.