Chapter 6

Hiccup POV:

I was sitting by the fireplace with Toothless peacefully sleeping next to me as I drew a design for one of the dragon stables I was planning to build on the dragon's edge As I flipped a page of my notebook I suddenly heard a loud crash coming from outside causing me and toothless to jolt up in surprise. It seems like the impact was hard, it could be a dragon! 

I closed my notebook and placed it on the table. I then stood up and on the way out I grabbed a lantern and lit it up. I stepped outside of my house and Toothless followed behind. He placed his wing above me to keep me dry from the pouring rain. I used the lantern to brighten up my surroundings in order for me to see. I then took a look around the area to see where the noise came from. 

After a while of searching, my eyes widened at the sight of a white dragon laying on the ground. As Toothless inspected the dragon, I noticed it was a female dragon and she had a saddle. She looked a lot like toothless but with more softer features. I kneeled closer and noticed something was under her wing. 

The white dragon started waking up, and when she saw me her pupils turned into slits. "Hey, girl. I won't hurt you. Don't worry, I'm here to help." I said calmly as I reached out my hand. 

She hesitated a bit and looked at toothless who gave a small nod then back to me. Her pupils dilated and she slowly lifted her wing, revealing a girl! This must be her rider, she looked near my age. I carefully carried her to my house as Toothless and the white dragon followed. 

I set the girl down on my bed and dried her with a towel. I covered her with my blanket to keep her warm. I gestured for the girl's dragon to come to sit near the fireplace. "Are you hungry girl?" I asked as I pet the dragon's head. The dragon gave me a small nod. I stood up and took a fish out of a compartment where I store my food. I watched as the dragon ate the fish and slowly drifted off to sleep. I sat down on my chair as Toothless crawled up next to me. I pet his head and slowly fell asleep.