Chapter 2

Hiccup pov:

The sun was setting, it will be pretty dark soon. I entered my house through the backdoor along with toothless. Luckily my father wasn't home yet, but I have to be quick, he can come home any moment now.

I climbed up the stairs to my room and picked up two baskets. I opened one and put some of my clean clothes, a notebook, a charcoal pencil, a pair of boots and some drawings of toothless and my inventions. I also shoved in some more supplies that might be helpful. I closed the basket and opened the other one. I placed a bunch of food and fish for me and toothless.

After I finished packing, I headed back to the cove with Toothless and started to replace his prosthetic tail fin with a better and stronger one. I put on my flight suit and attached the baskets to his saddle. A few pieces of paper with my drawings got blown away from my basket but I have no time to get them back, I might get caught. 

I hopped on toothless and took a few more glances around my surroundings. It was getting pretty dark. "Alright bud..let's go." I gently patted toothless and he took off. I took one last glance at what I used to call home, the island of Berk slowly got smaller from a distance as toothless and I flew away. 

3rd person:

"Hey Gobber have you seen Hiccup?" Stoick asked his friend. "No, why? Now come to think of it, I haven't seen him all afternoon! I'm sure he's resting in his room, he has a big day tomorrow ya know?" The man with a heavy accent replied. "Alright, thanks Gobber."  Stoick made his way to his house which was on top of a hill. He walked in and looked around to see if there were any signs of hiccup. He climbed up the stairs to his son's room.

"Hiccup? Are you in there?" He called and he knocked. After a while of calling and knocking, Stoick decided to go in. He opened the door and squeeze through the doorframe to find Hiccup's room half empty. Some of Hiccup's drawings were scattered all over the room. 'It's very late, hiccup should be home right now'  Stoick thought. He ran outside. "Get a search party! My son is missing!" He yelled making people's heads turn in shock, many gasping.