Chapter 5

3rd person POV: 

It's been 8 months since Hiccup ran away from Berk with his night fury friend, Toothless. Ever since then, hiccup has been living on this island that he calls "The dragon's edge".   He has built a house for him and Toothless. He also built, stables, feeding stations for dragons, and also top of the line fire prevention. 

He and Toothless have been exploring, learning about new dragon species, and rescuing dragons from dragon hunters. He has been taking care of the dragons he has saved, learning about them, and also training them. Hiccup has made this island his new home and has also made it a home for dragons.

Y/N POV: 

I've been living with Valka in her dragon sanctuary ever since I was little. I'm now 15, turning 16. I don't really remember much about my past. Valka saved me after my village was attacked by dragon hunters. My village was one of the few villages that accepted and befriended dragons, sadly after being attacked by the hunters, it was burned to the ground.

Valka isn't quite sure if I was the only one to survive. Valka basically raised me and taught me all I know about dragons. She taught me how to ride dragons and even train them.

-----------

Here I am now riding D/N, a light fury and also my best friend. I volunteered to get Valka supplies but I ended up getting lost because of the thick fog. We've been flying for hours and there's still no sight of the sanctuary. "I really have no sense of direction huh girl" I sighed. I should have at least taken a map with me. D/N let out a tired groan. 

I felt the cold breeze touch my skin and before I knew it, it started to rain, hard. Great we ran into a storm. I held onto D/N. "I'm so sorry for putting you through this girl.." I said as I pet her head gently. I squinted my eyes as I tried to make out where we were but failed since it was raining so hard, it was hard for me to see. 

She let out a reassuring roar and kept flying until a lightning bolt hit us, causing us to jolt from surprise and lose balance. D/N quickly covered me with her wings as we fell fast toward an island. I shut my eyes as I prepared for the impact. After that, I passed out.