14 | Feast of the Crimson Prince

GO HOME

GO HOME

Andros' POV

"I still cannot believe she ambushed you two and forced you to participate in this ridiculous ball." I harshly tugged on the sleeves of my royal suit. My honorary medals clinked at the force reminding me of the heavy duties I wish I never had.

"Well... She didn't exactly force us. We agreed to participate. She's your mom, Andros, and the Queen. I kinda am curious how you guys throw a ball. I've only seen some vampire royal balls in movies and series." Solstice blushed at the corner of my room, fixing her already perfect ginger hair. She always dressed like an old lady with her awful sweaters and her white sneakers she never wanted to replace despite my mother's insistence. It was nice to see her in a different fashion style.

"Are you even here for the whole week? She's been nagging everyone to make things perfect. For fuck's sake, she even called the other clans to attend!" I shook my head at them in disapproval. I didn't want anyone throwing a party for me and having a ball right now will put my friends in danger.

I heard Solstice sigh. She walked towards me, picking up her ballgown so she could move faster. Despite the disappointment I had for my friends' enthusiasm towards the party, I couldn't blame them. I was born to be a prince; royal balls thrown for me, villages named after me and battlecries screamed for redemption. Seeing them dressed up for this special occasion was a consolation at least.

Solstice wore a light blue ballgown with her shoulders shown for the entire vampire race to worship. Her gown has a neckline that swept across her chest just above her bust. I appreciated how she chose that specific neckline for tonight's event. Showing your chest in the clan shows your trust for the vampires as it symbolizes the trust that no one will stab you with a knife or a stake to the heart. Her frilly sleeves decorated with small daisies started where her neckline was aligned just below her shoulders and it complimented her petite form. I could hear her heartbeat speed up as she got close to me and I shook off the temptation of sinking my teeth on her pretty bare neck. Freckles dusted across her cheeks, her red hair was curled and loose looking like bloody tresses flowing on her body. Diamonds decorated her ears, neck, and wrists giving her the royal regality that was worthy for the vampire kingdom to call as a royal guest.

She leaned forward towards me, her head tilted to the side while she analyzed me with those blue eyes of hers. She narrowed her eyes at me before she chuckled and I rolled my eyes at her in return.

A week ago she was scared of me and now she got comfortable teasing me and being honest with me.

"You don't like your parents, do you?" She asked in a soft voice before she fixed my royal emblem that hung on the collar of my royal suit. The damn thing felt like it was choking me to death.