2

Matthew adjusted his uniform and sighed before opening the door to his classroom. Once he got in, the noise ceased as they saw an unfamiliar face.

Matthew looked around and walked to the front of the class. "Hello! My name is Seok Matthew–

"Who?" He got interrupted by one of his classmates.

"Seok Matthew–

"-asked" his classmate finished and the rest of the class laughed. Matthew furrowed his brows at their action.

"Hey, I was introducing myself. You didn't have to be rude and cut me off like that. Have some respect" Matthew said and he saw the smiles on their faces fade.

The student stood up with a frown and the rest of the students started chattering subtly as they watched him approach Matthew.

Matthew still stood his ground although the student was taller than him and looked way more intimidating than him.

"Do you have a death wish?" He asked with a crazy smirk. Matthew looked at his name tag
"Kim Bomin" Matthew muttered.

Matthew scanned him up and down and scoffed.
He moved him out of the way and started walking to find a seat.

"Wah, did he just ignore Bomin?"
"He's dead meat"
"Bloody hell, here's gonna be a crime scene haha"

Matthew heard these chatters as he walked. He stopped when he heard Bomin laugh.

"Ahhh feels good to have a new meal" He said making Matthew confused. Bomin walked towards Matthew and hooked his arm across his shoulder.

"Look, I'm sorry for how I behaved" Bomin said touching his heart. "We were just joking. You seem like a nice dude" He said patting Matthew's shoulder.

"Wanna be friends?" Bomin said with a crooked grin.  Matthew had chills once he saw his face but he overlooked it. He thought Bomin meant what he said so he nodded.

"Since you asked, why not?" Matthew said smiling why Bomin gritted his teeth at Matthew's words.

"Come and sit with I and my friends. Yeah Tae Rae get out" Bomin said pointing at a boy who wore glasses. Tae Rae grabbed his books and moved to the next seat.

Matthew arched his brow at Bomin's tone towards Tae Rae but he overlooked it thinking maybe that was how they playfully spoke to each other.

Matthew sat beside Tae Rae and dropped his bag beside him.

"Enjoy your stay with Tae Rae. I'm sure you two will soon have a lot in common" Bomin said and his friends laughed in understanding.

"Tae Rae right?" Matthew asked softly grabbing his attention. Tae Rae nodded.

"I'm Matthew, I moved from Canada to here last two weeks" Matthew said and Tae Rae nodded.

"Ummm we can be friends right?" Matthew asked smiling and Tae Rae stopped writing. He looked at him "If you still want to keep your smile, I suggest you stay away from me" Tae Rae said and continued writing.

"But why? There's nothing wrong in being friends with you" Matthew said and Tae Rae sighed as he brushed his hair backwards.

"Just don't. You're a new student and if someone sees you with me, you'll automatically be like me"

"Well what are you like?" Matthew asked curiously.
Tae Rae ignored him and continued writing.

"Hm, I'll still be your friend, who knows, we might even get married one day" Matthew said wiggling his brows with a smile trying to make Tae Rae smile but Tae Rae just gave him a "what the fuck" face.

-

Matthew clung onto Tae Rae throughout the classes, asking him about the school, himself, he literally asked Tae Rae every question on earth.

"So you know like in the kdramas, there are always the 'it' students, are there any here?" Matthew asked resting his head on his palm.

Tae Rae nodded "There are seven of them. They're all best friends" Matthew leaned in more interested.

"Tell me more about them" he said making Tae Rae subtly groan. "I'll have to show you them. As of now, can you please let me breathe? You've been asking me questions nonstop for the past hours"

Matthew chuckled and nudged Tae Rae
"You're my friend that's why" he said and Tae Rae ignored his words.

-

Matthew held his textbooks as he looked at a paper, the student council gave him. It was his locker number. He didn't understand what was written there and Tae Rae wasn't around for him to ask.

A guy was walking with a basketball in his hand.
Matthew gently held his arm.

"Um excuse me, can you please help me find where my locker is? I'm new" he said to the tall boy.

The student looked at him from head to toe before taking the paper.

"You're on the wrong floor. You're in eleventh grade so your locker should be on the second floor" he said

"Oh yeah? Thank you" Matthew said smiling as he grabbed his paper back. He turned to leave but the student held his hand.

"Tell me your name" the guy said with an expressionless face making Matthew arch a brow.

"If you ask nicely, I will" Matthew said and the student still had an expressionless face.

"No need for that Matthew" he said looking at Matthew's name tag making Matthew cuss under his breath.

"I'll see you later then" he said and walked out.
"Hm, he's asking for my name but he didn't even tell me his name. This school's weird" He muttered before turning to go and find his locker