10

Zhanghao looked at himself in the mirror. He turned his head to the side as he monitored his face. He cussed under his breath.

"Why did I have to get his features?" He muttered. His eyes moved from his face and he saw a picture frame at his back. He turned away from the mirror.

He slowly walked to the picture frame and grabbed it. In the picture, his father was hugging his mother as they laughed.

He was supposed to be happy but he couldn't help but feel bitter. He hated that they took away his happiness.

"Mom! P-Please don't go" A Seven year old Zhanghao begged as he clutched his mother's leg.

His mother's hair was disheveled, her face was bruised up and bleeding. She held a bag in her hand as she hurriedly ran out of her room.

"Hao, I'm sorry..I can't stay here" She squatted to Zhanghao. "I love you.. I always have and always will..but..I have to save myself sweetie. Please take care of yourself" She hurriedly said and hugged Zhanghao.

Zhanghao cried louder as his mother removed his hand from her leg and ran out of the house.

His cries immediately muffled as he heard broad footsteps coming from the stairs. He turned and saw his father looking like a beast as he got down.

"Where is she?!" He shouted, scaring Zhanghao. Zhanghao started crying as he felt scared, he had never seen his father in that state.

"I asked you a question goddamn it!!" His father shouted as he clutched Zhanghao's shirt. Zhanghao flinched and wailed louder making his father slap him.

"Fucking useless!" He shouted as he yanked Zhanghao towards the floor and ran out the door in pursuit of his mother.

Zhanghao let out a bitter chuckle and dropped back the picture frame.

"You should have let me die...why protect me for so long only to let me suffer?" He muttered and looked away from the picture frame.

-

Ricky and Gyuvin got down from their car and the driver immediately drove off to park the car.

"You look so stressed" Gyuvin said as he removed his jacket and handed it over to a maid. Ricky groaned and rubbed his neck.

"I'll tell you later, it's been on my mind all day" Ricky said. Gyuvin's mother got down the stairs and immediately went to them.

"How was the outing? Did you enjoy yourselves?" She asked placing her hand on Ricky's shoulder.

"Mnn we had so much fun. I'm tired though" Gyuvin said. Gyuvin's mother nodded and called one of the maids.

"The boys are tired, prepare a bath for them, and have dinner ready." She said and the maid bowed.

"Go on, go and freshen up" She said and pinched Ricky's cheek.

-

Ricky rolled over on Gyuvin's bed. Gyuvin sat on a beanbag and watched him.

"So are you gonna tell me what's going on?" Gyuvin asked and opened his bag of chips. Ricky sat up and ruffled his hair. He grabbed the duvet and covered himself, only exposing his head.

"It's about Tae Rae hyung" Ricky said and Gyuvin's eyes widened. "Did you just call him hyung? I mean- nevermind. Continue" Gyuvin said

"He uhhh...he's been ignoring me and giving me cold shoulders. The other day, he told me to get out of his life" Ricky said and sighed.

"And why are you worried? You should be happy" Gyuvin said and stuffed his mouth with chips.

"Why exacting should I be happy?" Ricky asked and waited for Gyuvin to finish chewing before he spoke

"I mean, you've always hated him right? So now he doesn't want you in his life, he won't be a problem to you anymore" Gyuvin said and shrugged.

Ricky quickly stood up on Gyuvin's bed.

"Yah! When did I ever say that I hate him?! Why would I even hate him?!" Ricky asked pointing at Gyuvin as he glared at him.

"Yo chill, I'm just saying what I observed. You're the one who's always picking on him, you're the one always putting him in trouble, you're the one always slandering him. Come on, everyone thinks you hate him" Gyuvin said.

Ricky sat back on the bed and ruffled his hair.
"I don't do all those because I hate him.. I've been doing them..to get his attention" Ricky muttered the last part making Gyuvin stand up from his bean bag in shock.

"What?! No way! I actually thought you hate him. But why do you want his attention–...wait-don't tell me– Yah Ricky! You have a crush on Tae Rae hyung!–

Ricky quickly pounced on Gyuvin as he covered his mouth with his hands.

"Shhh you loud mouth. I don't want Aunty to hear"
Ricky said and removed his hands only to see Gyuvin smiling at him as he wiggled his brows.

"Yes.. I like Tae Rae hyung. So so much. He's so handsome, so caring, so nice and very very talented" He said climbing back onto Gyuvin's bed.

"Have you heard him sing? He sounds like an angel" Ricky said putting his hands on his chest as he dreamily smiled.

"It's just that...he's too serious. He's soooo into his books. Of course I want his attention. And now he said that he doesn't want me in his life...Gyu, I feel like my heart swallowed shards of glass"
Ricky said sighing.

Gyuvin looked at his cousin in pity.
"I mean, I don't blame him. If I was him, I wouldn't give you a chance. You're a playboy Ricky, you don't exactly have the kind of reputation he would love."
Gyuvin said shrugging.

He climbed into the bed and laid beside Ricky

"If you really like Hyung, you better change and show him that you're a new person. Okay?"

Ricky nodded determined.