23

Yujin got back from school and was about to open the door but stopped when he heard his mother coughing. He quickly got in and saw his mother panting on the floor.

He ran and grabbed a glass of water. He fed his mother the water. His mother sighed and held Yujin's hand. Yujin brushed his hair back as he was really worried.

His mother still had her cleaning uniform on and Yujin's heart clenched at the sight. He helped her sit on the sofa.

"Ah Yujin don't worry, I had popcorn on my way back, you know how I always cough each time I eat popcorns" she lied smiling. Yujin nodded smiling even though he clearly knew she was lying.

"You shouldn't eat it next time, okay?" Yujin muttered rubbing his mother's hand. His mother nodded and smiled.

"Let me freshen up, I feel so sticky" She muttered as she left the sitting room. Yujin waited for her to leave completely before he went to their room and opened her medicine cabinet.

All her drugs were empty. Yujin's eyes widened, his mother's drugs had finished and she didn't get new ones. He saw an envelope that was written
'School fees and textbook fees"

Yujin counted the money and sighed. He knew that the school he was attending was expensive but his mother wanted the best for him and worked so hard to maintain his stay there.

Just his school fees and textbooks fees were enough to cover for his mother's surgery. He kept staring at the money in his hand that he didn't know when he started crying.

He didn't want his mother dead. He knew her time was coming way faster. He just didn't want to see his mother die when he had a chance to save her.

The school term was almost over and Yujin knew the money was for the next school term. He could hear his mother muffle her coughs from where she was.

His hands were shaking as his heart clenched. He kept shaking his head, no agreeing that he mother would leave soon.

He closed the door and stared at the money.
"If I wasn't around..mom would have used this money for her surgery" he muttered then he realized what he said.

"If I wasn't around..." he muttered in realization.
Yujin always regretted his mother putting her whole focus on him. He knew she was quite young and could eventually start a new life and a new family.

Yujin always thought that if he wasn't in the picture, his mother wouldn't have suffered like she did.

He opened his drawer and took out a razor.
He sighed as he stared at the razor."I don't want to do this...but I have to. I can't live without her"
He muttered as his eyes got glossy.

He took out the blade from the pack.
"Sorry mom, I'm doing this for you..please start over again, this time without worrying about me" Yujin said in his mind and gulped.

-

Gyuvin was talking to his classmate in school the next day. His phone rang and he saw it was his mother.

"Any problem mom?—

"Gyuvin, Yujin has been hospitalized! H-He cut himself" he heard his mother's paranoid voice. Gyuvin's eyes widened. His mother told him the hospital name and he quickly ran out of school.

Gyuvin panted as he got to the reception of the hospital. He asked for Yujin's ward number after telling the receptionist his name. He quickly got into the elevator.

He kept cussing under his breath as he teared up.

He quickly got to Yujin's room and opened the door.
He saw Yujin's mother crying as he softly caressed Yujin's hair. His mother stood by the side worriedly looking at them.

Gyuvin walked and stood in front Yujin. There was a blood bag attached to him while his eyes were closed. Yujin's mother looked at Gyuvin and teared up even more as she saw Gyuvin's heartbroken face.

Gyuvin slowly walked and looked at Yujin.
"Gyuvin-ah. Have sometime with him" Yujin's mother said and sniffed. Gyuvin's mother walked to her and comforted her as she left the room.

Gyuvin sat beside Yujin still in shock. Yujin looked so lifeless on the bed. He started tearing up yet again. He rested his head on Yujin's leg as he cried.

"Hyung.." he heard and he quickly raised his head and saw Yujin. He got closer and caressed Yujin's face.

"Yujin" he muttered and sniffed. "Hyung.. I'm sorry"
Yujin said as he started crying. "I wanted to save my mom"

"I..I don't want to see her suffer because of me..I didn't want to be alive to see that" he said slowly almost as if he was asleep.

Gyuvin cried even harder because he understood what Yujin meant. "You shouldn't have done that Yujin...I'm here, my family is here. We can help you. Please Yujin, I don't ever want to lose you"

Yujin gasped slightly and held Gyuvin's hand slowly
"Hyung...I-..I don't think..I'll stay any longer..I can feel it" he muttered and Gyuvin shook his head as he cried.

"Please..take care of mom for me...tell her..why I did it..and tell her..I don't regret doing it because...I'll be happy if she gets to live" Yujin muttered.

Gyuvin kept kissing Yujin's hand as he cried.
"Hyung...I'm tired..I- I want to go to sleep"
Yujin muttered smiling and tears escaped his eyes.

Gyuvin sniffed and wiped his tears.
"L-Let's go to sleep...we can talk tomorrow" Gyuvin said rubbing Yujin's hair. He tried to hold his tears but he couldn't.

Yujin looked at Gyuvin with his hooded eyes that were getting heavier each second.

"I'll miss you hyung" he muttered and Gyuvin sobbed harder.

"I'll miss you too Yujin" Gyuvin said back still softly rubbing Yujin's hair. Yujin's eyes slowly closed and soon the monitor went off.

Gyuvin's eyes shut tight as he cried.
"I'll miss you"