12

Yujin rubbed his temples as he sighed. He had a lot going on in his mind. His thoughts came to an end as  someone came into the convenience store.

He tended to the customer and sat back on his chair.
He looked at the wall clock. "8:45" he muttered.
"Only 15 more minutes to go" he said and brushed his hair backwards.

His shift usually started from 6 to 9 before the other worker would come in.

He heard the door open, he looked up from his phone and saw Gyuvin smiling at him.

"Some minutes won't hurt" he muttered and go out of his chair. "Evening hyung" He mumbled and sat at their regular spot in the convenience store.

Gyuvin placed plastic bags on the table and smiled at Yujin. "Sorry I couldn't come yesterday, Ricky and I went to Dad's ball. Ughh it was so formal" Gyuvin complained and started bringing out plastic plates.

"Mom specially made these for you. She misses you, you should come over sometime" Gyuvin said and put the plate in front of Yujin.

Yujin began to eat while Gyuvin sat there and watched him. He placed another plastic bag in front of Yujin. "This is for Aunty" Gyuvin said and Yujin stopped eating.

"Hyung–

"I'm not taking a no for an answer." Gyuvin said. He knew Yujin would not accept it. Each time he would buy something for Yujin and his mother, the next day, he would find it in his locker.

Yujin made it clear that he didn't want anything monetary from Gyuvin. And Gyuvin just can't comply to it because he's naturally kind and caring.

Yujin sighed and nodded. He shifted the bag to the side. Gyuvin sighed and looked at Yujin.
'Why can't he just accept help when he clearly needs it' Gyuvin said in his mind.

Gyuvin was able to take Yujin and his mother out of their misery but because of Yujin's stubbornness, he just can't.

The door opened and Yujin knew his shift was over once he saw the other worker come in. He stood up and removed his vest.

"I guess it's my call to leave" Gyuvin said and stood up too. He put his phone in his pocket and cupped Yujin's face. He pecked his forehead and smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow, greet Aunty" Gyuvin said and waved as he walked out. Yujin opened his phone and looked at the date. He sighed "Well I guess that was my last meal" he muttered.

He grabbed his bag and walked out of the convenience store. He sighed and started walking in a direction different from the way to his house.

Gyuvin stopped midway on his way back to his car.
He wanted to give Yujin some money but he forgot.
He called his driver and told him to wait for sometime before he turned and skipped towards the convenience store.

He opened the door to the convenience store.
"He has left" the worker said chewing her gum. Gyuvin nodded. He left the convenience store. He started walking back to where he came from.

He stopped and looked at the road on the other side
"Where does this road lead to anyways?" He muttered. "Won't hurt to check it out"

He started walking towards the road. He stopped when he heard grunts coming from an alley. He looked into the alley and his eyes widened.

He saw Yujin being held by two boys as one kept landing punches at him.

"Yah! What are you doing?!!" He shouted and they stopped having heard his voice. Gyuvin ran towards them and yanked their hands off Yujin.

"Hyung?" Gyuvin muttered when he saw Haesung.

"What-Why are you doing this?" Gyuvin asked as he looked at Haesung in betrayal. He couldn't understand why he did that when in school, they were all cool.

"He borrowed some money from me, two months ago and he has refused to pay back" Haesung said

"Is that why you have to beat him up like this?" Gyuvin asked and gently placed Yujin on the floor.

"Tell me, how much is it? I'll pay you" Gyuvin said and Haesung smirked.

"10 million" Haesung said and Gyuvin furrowed his brows. "You mean you beat Yujin up, just because of 10 million?!" He shouted and clenched Haesung's shirt.

"So are you paying or what?" Haesung asked and Gyuvin glared at him and let go of his shirt.

After getting Haesung's details, Gyuvin quickly sent him the money. He held Yujin softly. "Don't you ever come near Yujin or any of us. Consider our friendship broken hyung" Gyuvin said and glared at Haesung.

Gyuvin called his driver and they went home.

"I'm definitely not letting you out of my sight"

-