.03

DREI.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY coming here is such a 'bad' idea." Tracey laughed, "Look at this place!"

Kole had an arm around his shoulder, nodding in agreement to everything he said, though he wasn't paying much attention, looking straight at the bar.
"I didn't say it was a bad idea," [Y/N] rolled her eyes, "I'm just tired after the VMAs and preforming."

"Why? We won 'best new artist', celebrate!" Kole laughed, nudging her.
"And the performance went great, you're a natural." Tracey added, "Have fun for once."

[Y/N] sighed, "Fine, but you aren't taking anyone home."

Tracey and Kole took off, looking as strange as two 6'0 ft+ tall men did when they speed-walked and jumped excitedly. [Y/N] looked around the party, an afterparty to the VMAs.

She was reluctant on attending, but Kole managed to drag her along.
[Y/N] was a social butterfly in most situations, but being she was in a room surrounded by people she never thought she would even meet in her dreams, she was a little nervous.

Following her bandmates, they were happy to have her sit next to them at the bar.
Though legally, she and Tracey couldn't drink, the bartender didn't ask for ID and they took advantage.

[Y/N] found herself on her phone, texting while Tracey and Kole indulged themselves in a drunk conversation next to her.
A boy took the free seat next to her, she looked briefly at him.

It was the boy from earlier, Bill if she remembered correctly.

"Hi." He smiled.

[Y/N] was surprised, but smiled softly in return. "Hi, Bill." She replied, subtly pushing her drink aside.

"I just wanted to say," Bill said, "—Your singing? Amazing! It's crazy how you could make such beautiful music with only three people."
He was definitely an enthusiastic being, he seemed to alway be smiling.
On the other hand, he was quite social, which relieved [Y/N] knowing she wouldn't have to carry the conversation.

"Thank you," [Y/N] laughed, "We're just an average band, famous by luck."
Bill rolled his eyes, "Please, really?"

[Y/N] smiled, "You're too nice."

The boy readjusted his posture, brushing a few loose strands of hair out of his face.
His hands produced a jingle when he moved them, his multiple bracelets clinking together.
"I'm a fan," Bill smiled, "It was hard getting to you, you know— with all the rival things.."

[Y/N] looked at him, puzzled. "What.. rival things?"

Bill looked confused too, "You don't know?"
[Y/N] shook her head, "About..?"

"Well," Bill said, propping his arm on the counter as he turned fully in his chair to face her. "The media, they think we are rivals. We're similar."
[Y/N]'s jaw almost dropped, it was the last thing she expected to hear.
"What?" She laughed, "I've never heard of you— no offense, you look amazing, but that's just crazy."

Bill smiled widely, "Thank you," He laughed lightly, "— It's crazy, right? They even think you—"
He cleared his throat a little, looking just a tad sad. "— Stole 'our' award." He finished, smiling sheepishly.
Bill saw [Y/N]'s expression soften, immediately waving his hand, "You didn't, you deserved it. Its just a stu— stupid internet thing."