37. RUMOR

"Do you mind?" Allie pushed Dave's arm off T's shoulders and pulled him closer to her. "Stop teasing him already. If you're afraid to come out of the closet, just say that."

"Ooh! Girl got a pretty sharp tongue, though I guess you already know that, don't you?" Dave smirked, giving me a playful shove.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the fact that you and Ariel over there, made out last night. We've heard the stories." Dave grinned eyeing me and Allie.

"That's what you're talking about?"

"Is there anything else that's mention worthy?" Karl laughed.

I was so relieved they'd only heard about me and Allie.

"And now you're sitting together. How cute."

Allie didn't say anything. For the first time she actually looked embarrassed.

"Shut up, man." I said.

Dave leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Dude, I don't blame you. She's actually kinda hot. Who knew?"

I could deny it but then they'd try to find something new to tease me about and what happened between T and I could leak! I had to play along or at least keep my mouth shut.

Dave smirked proudly. "So, uh... Allie, what was it like? You know he's a popular dude. Must've been nice to kiss him."

"Ha-ha." Allie snapped. Her cheeks turned red. The guys all laughed at her. God, this was embarrassing.

"Alright, let's go." I got up.

"No, dude, we wanna talk to your girlfriend."

"Shut up!! Do you want details or not?!"

The guys all smirked and laughed.

"Ooh, I want details." Taylor said as he got up.

"See you later, Ariel." Dave said before following me back to the cabin. I gave Allie an apologetic look.

She just sighed of relief when she was alone with T again.

I told my friends all kinds of bullshit. That after the party I touched her boobs and that it got really heated. Maybe I shouldn't have but you know how guys can rile you up to say the dumbest shit! And this way at least they won't ask me about T anymore.

I walked into the kitchen. It was T and my turn to cook tonight. Every night two people get in the kitchen to cook for what we called 'kitchen duty'. We get a recipe to make. It's just a sample so it's not like we have to make a lot of food. It's really just one of those stupid things where school wants to always be 'educational'.

Anyway, I had kitchen duty with Timothy. Which I was a little too happy about.

"Yo." I said when I came in.

"Hey." T smiled softly. Then he continued staring at the card.

"What's on the menu?" I asked.

"Spaghetti with meatballs."

"Easy-peasy." I stood behind T and glanced over his shoulder to read the recipe. It's not like it was necessary. I knew how to make this by heart.

"Alright, you start cutting the onions. I'll start on the meat." 

"'Kay." T agreed.

I grabbed a bowl and some spices.

When T picked up the knife I weirdly got nervous. Should he be holding a knife at all? I imagined him hurting himself.