62. RAINBOW

I walked into the locker room. Everyone was talking about the game.

I started packing my things.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?" Alex asked.

"I'm going home."

"What?!" Everyone started freaking out and getting upset.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" One of the guys screamed.

"Why the hell would you leave us-"

"Because you're not gonna want me on the team after I tell you this." I said.

The whole room went quiet. They all looked at me confused and angry.

"You know, it's a miracle Dave, Nick and Taylor are still alive. Cause I could kill them for what they did to Timothy."

"What the fuck does that have to do with anything?! We all agree they went too far!"

"Timothy is my boyfriend." I said.

Some guys laughed, others gasped.

"What the fuck, man?" One of them chuckled, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I pulled away.

"I'm not kidding." I said. That silenced everyone.

They saw my face and realized I was dead serious.

"Timothy is my boyfriend. I'm in love with him." 

Did I really just say that? 

I thought I'd start shaking so balled my hands into fists. 

"And no, I'm not into any of you guys and I haven't been looking at your jacked up bodies in any sexual way. Alright? Good. Glad we got that out of the way." I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door.

The silence continued. I could feel everyone staring at me in shock.

"And if any of you fuckers think about hurting Timothy again, you're gonna find yourself in a grave real soon." With that I grabbed the door handle.

We've worked so hard for this. This has been months and months of training. Countless practice hours. It was a shame I wouldn't be able to reap the fruits of my labor. But then I thought about Timothy and smiled. He was all that mattered.

"Wait!" Karl held me back. "Who the fuck cares, man."

"Huh?"

"We don't give a fuck if you suck dick or not, we just want to win the game." Alex agreed.

Most guys agreed with a mumble and a nod.

"Come on. We always talk shit about gay people. Don't start acting all tolerant now-"

"I only did that because of Dave and those guys." One of my team mates admitted.

I looked around the room and some looked confused. Surprisingly none of them seemed upset.

"Not you." I glared at Karl.

He shifted on his feet. "Look, I know I've said some dumb shit before but I never really meant it.. I never thought they would go so far as to beat him up like that."

I stood there, confused and in shock. This couldn't really be my team.

Could it really be that it was Dave and his followers that had created this hateful atmosphere in our group? And that without them everyone was a whole lot less judgmental than I first thought?

"As long as you don't start wearing nail polish and emo crap we don't care who you fuck." Alex said, causing everyone to laugh.

"I'm gay." Morty, a linebacker said suddenly.