54. SONG

It was tonight. The winter formal. Timothy had spent all his time practicing his performance and I had dusted off one of my old suits.

I got this one from my dad. He'd given it to me for my fourteenth birthday and it'd been way too big. He told me he got this size cause I seemed like a big man to him. Personally I think he'd just been too off his face to remember my size but whatever. It'd just hung in my closet until now.

It was really nice. It was black with a subtle sheen to it. I was just wearing a royal blue tie with it

Timothy came into the room looking simple but drop dead gorgeous as always.

He was wearing dark dress pants with a white shirt and a black tie. His sleeves were pulled up. He looked cool enough to be on stage yet casual enough to be serving drinks.

I whistled at him.

T chuckled. "Come on."

"No, if I feel the need to whistle I will." I grabbed his tie and pulled him close. "You look hot."

"Look at you." T said, grabbing my blazer.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah. You look so mature." T grinned.

"I am mature. I'm a whole ass year older than you. I'm your senior. Treat me with respect."

"Yes, of course." T said seriously. "Should I call you mister?"

I grinned. "Actually that doesn't sound bad."

T closed his eyes. He was already embarrassed but, still he said "Mister Campbell." In the smoothest voice ever.

I pulled him in and pecked his lips and then I remembered my gift.

"Oh wait! I got you something!"

"What? Why?" T asked.

I grabbed a little box out of my drawer and pressed it into Timothy's hands.

"I just felt like it." I shrugged.

T looked so touched. "I didn't get you anything." Timothy said guiltily.

"Doesn't matter! You don't have to. Just wear it. Please."

T opened the little box and revealed a royal blue boutonniere that matched my tie. I figured people wouldn't think anything of it since it's not like I was wearing a corsage or anything.

"If we're not gonna be dancing together we'll at least be together in spirit." I said.

T stroked the blue flower and smiled. "Thanks Josh. It's perfect." He was even tearing up a little.

"You don't have to cry over it." I chuckled.

"I just didn't expect this. It's so thoughtful. Thank you." T said again. And just like I wanted he leaned up on his toes and kissed my cheek.

He grabbed my hand.

"Hurry up, boys! You're gonna be late!" Joe called.

"I'm singing for you tonight. And you don't know the second song yet.. but it's about you. All of it." T gave my hand a squeeze and walked out the door.

There were so many butterflies in my stomach. I honestly started to wonder when it would stop. It had now been over four months since we started dating. I could never tire of him.

"Josh!" Joe called again.

I hurriedly made my way downstairs. T had his flower pinned so it stuck out of the front pocket of his shirt.