40. NIGHTWALKER

I rode on that wave of happiness Timothy's smile gave for the rest of the day and even part of the night. When I lay in bed that night all I could think of was that smirk.

And I wanted to tell myself to ignore him and ignore it and just go to sleep but it had become ritual to go to the source of my sleepless nights and this night was no exception.

I tiptoed through the dark hallway of the sleeping house.

I opened Timothy's door and was surprised to find him sitting up on his bed. For once I wasn't the only nightwalker.

T was wearing a light gray band tee with a huge black zip hoodie and black shorts.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.

T shook his head. "I've been thinking all night." He mumbled.

"About me?"

He nodded.

"And?"

T stared at the bed. "I'm still up." He shrugged. "Haven't figured it out yet."

"Figured what out?" I closed the door. 

After a long silence T shrugged. "You." Was all he said.

I didn't know what to say to that. He knew everything now. What else could I explain? If anything I was the one waiting on an explanation from him. 

I sat on his bed. T watched me. Presumably. I couldn't see his eyes through the curtain of his bangs.

I tried to comb his hair back but it moved right back in front of his eyes.

"You should cut your hair." I said.

"This is why I never wear it flat."

"Oh, it's not flat." I laughed. "Just wish I could see your eyes. You like to hide, don't you?"

T chuckled lightly and pulled up his hood.

I laughed a little.

I cleared my throat. "I'm here on official business."

"Oh really? Did I do something wrong?" T said playfully. He took off his hood and brushed his hair aside. I caught a glimpse of his eye.

"We need to talk about our kiss. You kissed me.."

"I kissed you?" T smiled.

"Yes." I nodded. "You kissed me and you shouldn't have done that."

"Why not?" T asked.

"Cause I'm not gay."

T raised his eyebrows.

"So you should keep your lips to your-"

Timothy pressed his lips against mine, giving me the shock of my life. He watched me for a moment.

I was so confused. Where the hell did this come from?

"What the hell?" I breathed.

Timothy kept staring at my lips.

I frowned, entirely confused now. 

"Why did you push me towards Allie if.."

"I just wanted you to be happy." T whispered. His eyes flicking from mine to my lips.

"What if I said that you make me happy?" I said truthfully.

I saw a twinkle in Timothy's eyes. He looked touched.

He leaned back in and kissed me again.

I pushed aside my feelings of shock and kissed him back.

He held his hands on my shoulders. It didn't take him long to deepen the kiss. I felt instant chills on my arms. Timothy leaned forward and sat on my lap. I grabbed his thighs and pulled him closer.