60. MEMORY

A few days later I met up with Allie at a park. I figured Fangs would've told her about T and I by now. I figured he would've told everyone but he hadn't.

I wasn't sure if he was going to or not but either way..

"Hey." I said to the redhead with the headset.

Allie smiled at me and took off her headset. "Sup, bro." She said.

I laughed.

"You summoned me for something. It better be important. You got ten minutes." Allie looked at her watch. "Tests and all."

"Right." I nodded. "Have you spoken to Charlie?"

"Yeah." Allie looked sad for him. "He said Tim is with someone else now. He's all broken up about it, poor kid."

'Someone else'? Wow. He really was keeping his mouth shut. I guess he wasn't all bad then.

"Right, about that.."

"Oh my God! Do you know who it is! Tell me! Timmy won't say a thing to me!" Allie grabbed my arm.

"Yeah.." I grimaced. "That's probably because the guy's.. deep, deep down in the closet."

"Oh my God! Who is it!" Allie shook my arm.

Well. Here goes nothing.

"It's the quarterback." I said.

Allie frowned. "WAIT, IT'S DAVE!" She shrieked. "Is that why he beat him up? To keep him quiet or something?!"

"Allie, fucking hell, it's me! I'm the closet case quarterback. I'm his boyfriend."

Allie's jaw dropped. "No!" She said in disbelief.

"Yep." I put my hands in my pocket.

"No! It's- WHAT?!"

I shrugged.

"When! What the fuck!"

"It started at camp but I liked him way before that."

"Oh my God, you're gay!" She shrieked.

I frowned.

"That makes so much sense! You're gay and you like him! You're.. Why didn't I see this?" She frowned.

"What? Are you a fortune teller or something? And I'm not gay."

"I know everything before it happens! God, my gaydar is broken, isn't it?" She wondered.

She seemed entirely unbothered by the fact we were together.

"So this is why you turned me down." She nodded. "You're gay." She laughed. "That makes so much sense. It's not me, it's you." She shook her head with a smile.

"I'm not gay though, I like girls too-"

"Can you at least let me have this? Just spare my pride a little, will ya?"

I laughed. "Fine. Allie, I'm sooo gay."

"It's okay to be gay, Josh." Allie grabbed my arms and looked me deep in the eyes. "There's nothing wrong with being part of the rainbow tribe. I accept you.. for who you are." She said severely.

I began to laugh. "Rainbow tribe?"

Allie laughed too.

We continued strolling through the park.

"So.. you're really cool with it?" I asked.

"I'm shocked but it totally makes sense. I think you two look great together. And I don't even have to threaten you cause I know you'll treat him well." Allie smiled softly.