Part 5 - A-Very Interesting Development

When it comes to my artwork, my opinion is always the one I hold in the highest regard. However, it can't hurt to have alternative perspectives on it. My page on DeviantArt has a pretty small following but it's nice to be part of little community.

I take the newly accessorised Maxine drawing and share her to my page. I caption it 'a slight tune up – she got her ears pierced!'

Within minutes, the first few comments are coming in. Some are definitely not the sort of thing I would want to mention, but it does have a few positive and useful comments.

'I love the new earrings! The roses work so well!'

'Her nails! OMG I'm in love with them!'

'You're really talented! Thanks for sharing this with us!'

'Meh. I still prefer Sailor Moon.'

OK so not everyone is a fan, but that's just life. I reply to the comments with thank you messages and then go and look at the pages of the other creators I follow. Their works are all so detailed and beautiful! They can draw heels and dresses better than I can. Mine always look like they're from a cartoon, just because I really can't do realistic art when I draw. It's a good thing cartoons are my favourite things to design. 

I click on a picture. Not a cartoon, nor a drawing. It's a real picture, grabbed right from a livestream. It's only when I click it that it becomes a GIF.

A boy is sat in a gaming chair when a puff of pink smoke clouds the screen. When the cloud disappears, the boy has too! Instead, there's a girl in the chair. That's a cute little trick to edit together with his sister. 

I scroll down to find more from this same creator. After a few, I see a GIF of the boy applying makeup. So wait...that means...he is his sister in the other ones? Confused, I slip away to a different, more art-based post.

'MANGA GROUP DISCORD'

These are usually nothing more than clickbait, but let's have a look anyway. It would be nice to draw with someone else - I enjoyed Tess helping me.

'Join the group! We play games and share art with each other. We also stream drawings to each other. It's perfect for the lonely artist!'

It can't hurt to try. I sign up, and find myself quickly approved. I check the group numbers. Apparently, there are 25 people in here.

My chance to type my first message. Let's not embarrass myself.

'Hey!'

I'm at home alone due to the whole 'being punched in the face' thing so I will obviously spend today in my own little world. Tess is also back at school as they have repaired the heating. If you ask me, it's pointless to send the kids back on Friday but I don't make the decisions.

There's no reply for about an hour. So I instead busy myself with some Minecraft, but I keep the tab open and the notifications on loud. When I hear the ping of a new message coming through, I tab out and go into the browser again.

'Hi! It's nice to meet you! Sorry for the hold up in replying – I'm in school! I'm only 16!'

'Oh, I'm 15! I'm just off school today for reasons not worth getting into. What do you like to draw?'

Now his or her replies are a little quicker – they must be on their break at whichever school this is.

'Aw cool! It's nice to meet someone on here around the same age. There's a lot of older artists! I like to draw anime characters cos I'm obsessed with it! Wbu?'

'I love drawing manga and anime people as well! I don't really watch it but I draw it lol'

'Hehe cute. So is Max like short for Maxine or something? I've just checked out your latest work – love it btw.'