Part 13 - Plan in Place

Max_

Tessa and I finish the drawing of Maxine as some kind of gym girl trainer not long before Dad gets home. I slip out of the skirt and swap it for some comfy trousers before greeting him. He doesn't even mention the shaving. My facial hair can't have been that obvious before.

The family dinner goes to plan as usual. I return to my room and see a message from Avery.

'Hey Maxine! I'm still in school, but I thought this would interest you. There's a streamer called LunaBunny. You might like her. She's live most nights. Her audience is quite small, but I think you'll appreciate her style.'

I go online and look for the channel page. She isn't live right now, but there are clips. I pick a random one titled 'Bunny gets the win!'

In the top right of the screen, there's a face cam on a girl. She sits in a pinkish gaming chair and a pinkish desk with a very pink room behind her. She's wearing a black hoodie with some blue font on it, which matches her long, blue hair. Is that her natural hair?

"If I win, you guys want me to go and get the new pair of heels I ordered as a joke? Well, alright then." That voice isn't exactly how I would expect her to sound. It's really deep for a girl.

Her attention turns fully to the game, and to her friends she's talking to - the game is Fortnite, as per most streams.

"Go left, dude. I'll cover the right." And like clockwork, her plan works. It's a team wipe.

"Folks, I'll read any messages after this game, K? Just gotta make sure we bring it home."

"Yeah, need to get this one as the first for the day."

"And my first in this new dress!" She's clearly very proud of her look.

Her friend gets ambushed from behind a rock, but she doesn't panic. She moves her character to the top of a nearby hill and throws fireflies down on her own friend. The two swarming her downed ally burn to death in the final circle, and she celebrates a clever victory.

"WOO! We got it! First dub as LunaBunny on stream!"

"Hell yeah, my guy! I mean, my girl!"

"Yeah, get it right! Ugh, he's so ignorant, eh chat?" And the two laugh before she disappears off screen.

A couple of minutes later, there's very loud clicking coming from the screen. She appears towards the back of her room, her heels clicking off the hard floor of her room. They are ridiculously high and super loud. The chat goes crazy on screen.

'OMG hottie!'

'Luna's a doll!'

'Those heels OMFG need!'

'You look better than a lot of actual girls!'

'Wish you were here!'

All I can say is that they look very impractical and fun to draw. She gets back to her chair and continues the games. I close the video. Actual girls? Hang on.

I read her bio.

'Yes, a guy CAN also be a girl. I kick ass either way! Subscribe, and join the beautiful burrow!'

There's the usual links to her...his...her socials. Their socials? I have no clue what LunaBunny would prefer to be known as. What I do know is why Avery sent me this.

'She's cute!'

And after an hour, I get the reply that confirms her intentions.

'In case you want to try being Maxine in the real world for a bit, it's just a way to show you that there are others who do. LB probably isn't even the most popular. I just love her. And she's Irish, so way closer to your world than mine!'