Chapter 14: The Cave

I looked at the old man with my eyes wide for a few moments. As it was that I was not all too sure what to do or what to say. As I had clearly under stood as to the fact that he had said what it was that he had said to me.
It was clear to me that he seemed to be happy such as I was. That I had got rid of them, and that I was in fact staying here, at that. As I was still a bit lost as to just why it was that I had even done that to begin with.
As it was that I just seemed to stand there and stare. That was when it was that I simply just seemed to shake my head at the older man. As it was that I then also began to start to speak right back on over to him, at that.
"What do you mean? I don't under stand any of what is going on? Why is this happening?" I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was that I was in fact quite a bit scared and freaked out as to just what was going on.
I for what ever reason or another, all of the sudden. I expected the man to be upset at me for what ever reason, all at the exact same time too. Though that did in fact not seem to be the case at all.
As it was that he seemed to under stand what I was going through. As he just then nodded back to me, at that. And he then also began to speak back to me shortly after that all.
"It's okay Harris... I went through the same thing you went through... It is your time... It is your turn... You must be the leader of this place now... I have served my dues..." He did in fact just seem to say to me.
It almost seemed like what he was saying to me, at that. Like it was some thing that was rude, or some thing that might upset me. But that just did in fact not seem to be the case for me what so ever just now.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to look at the man with my eyes wide. As it was that I then also began to go and nod to him. Before it was that I then also began to go and speak back to him, at that.
"What even is all of this... What does any of this mean?" I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was that I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could do.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I then began to see the man look at me. As he had a bit of a guilty look in his eyes for what ever reason or another.
I was a little bit lost as to just why that might be the case at first. The man seemed to have a little bit of a sad smile on his own face. As it was that he then did in fact begin to go and speak back to me, at that.
"Just like you... I was sent here a long time ago... I have paid my time... It is time for a new person to take my place..." He did in fact just seem to say to me. As it was that he had a fairly serious look on his face just as he had said that.
I kind of gulped, as it was that I sort of under stood. As to the fact as to just what it was that he was saying to me now. Though I did in fact still not seem to like it all too much, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I just seemed to continue to stare at the man. That was when it was that I then did in fact nod back to him. As it was that I also then began to go and speak back to him, all at the exact same time too.
"I am ready then... What will it take for me to do this?" I did in fact just seem to say. It was almost as if this was what it was that I wanted.
Though, I knew that it was not the case what so ever in side of me. I felt like I had simply just given up on fighting any of it at this point. As I felt like I should just take it in, all at the exact same time as well.
Just as soon as it was that I had seemed to have been that way. The old man then seemed to have a genuine smile on his face. As he then began to once again start to speak back to me, just as he had done before.
"Well... You are taking it much easier than I did... I knew that you weren't a bad guy... Even if your friends might have thought so..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, at that.
As it was that he seemed to have his eyes wide as he had said that. As it was clear that he was being serious with just what he had said. As to the fact that my friends had actually seemed to have thought I was a bad person.
As it was that I just seemed to have thought on that. It seemed to make me angry at my friends deep down in side, at that. As it seemed to not make sense to me how they could give it all too me, but couldn't take it back.
I did my best to simply try to not think on all of that all too much. As it was that I then did in fact lift my head back up to the man. And I then simply began to once again speak to him, just as it was that I had done before.
"Yes... I am ready for this... I just want to get away from this world... This world was never meant for me..." I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was that I did in fact feel genuine on the fact that it was that I had said as to just what it was that I had said.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when the man seemed to have a bit of a sad look on his face once again. As he then did in fact just seem to dip his head a bit low to the ground for what ever reason or another.
Just as soon as it was that he had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that he seemed to also let out a very rough sigh. As he then began to go and start to speak right on over to me just as before.
"Yeah... I had a friend that was sort of the same way that you were... He came here with me... It's a shame that I got this role in stead of him..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said that to me, all at once. That was when it was that he then finally did in fact just seem to lift his head up, all at the exact same time as well. As he then seemed to be trying his best to keep him self as calm as he could.
It was clear that he was trying to open up on some things to me. Now that it was that my friends were no longer with us. As it was that I had already made my choice at this point.
I wanted to feel bad for the man, but that simply wasn't the case. As I just seemed to stare at him with a blank look on my face. As I then did in fact go right on ahead and begin to go and speak right back on over to him.
"Why? You are alive... You are going to get out of here... Fuck him..." I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was clear to me that the man was in fact surprised by that response.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact just said that to him. And the old man did in fact just seem to blink his eyes a few times. That was when it was that he then did in fact just seem to turn his head away from me.
It seemed like he wanted to change the subject on all of this. As I felt like I could not at all blame him for that being the case. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to go and hear him start to speak back to me, all at the exact same time too.
"Well... Any ways... I think that we should not think about that right now... We just need to get to where I need to take you..." He did in fact just seem to say to me.
As it was that he seemed to have his eyes on some thing, at that. Though I could not really see as to just what it was that his eyes were on. As I then did in fact just seem to try to not think on it all too much.
As it was that I seemed to stare out there with him, in the chilly woods. That was when it was that I decided that I needed to speak up to him, all at the exact same time too. And I then did in fact begin to go and do as such a thing like that.
"Alright... So... Are you going to take me to that place... Or are we just going to sit here and stare?" I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was that I felt like I did in fact kind of want to get all of this over with at this point.
As it was that I continued to stare at the back side of the man. As it was that it did in fact almost seem like he had not heard what I had said. As it was that he just seemed to stand there in that same spot for a little bit longer.
As it was that he had done as such a thing like that how ever. He then in the end, did in fact just seem to wake him self up. As it was that he then did in fact go right on ahead and turn his head back on over to me.
He seemed to stare at me with his eyes wide, all at once. As in the end, he then did in fact just seem to nod with a surprised look on his face. As he then also began to go and speak back to me once again.
"Well... I was thinking you might want to enjoy the rest of your life that you have left on you... This thing you are about to get... It won't be easy..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that he had said as to just what he had said to me. He seemed to have his eyes wide, as he had a very serious look on his face. As it was clear that he was expecting it to bother me, just as before.
How ever, that simply did in fact not seem to be the case for me at all, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact just seem to squint my eyes back at him. And I then did in fact decide to go and speak back to him, all of the sudden.
"Yeah.... And so what? My life has never been normal to begin with... So let's just get this started... At least I am helping you... Right?" I did in fact just seem to say to him. As I had my head tilted on over to him, just as it was that I had said that to him.
As it was that I just seemed to stare at the man for a bit more time. That was when it was that he seemed to dip his head low to the ground. As he seemed to have quite a bit of a guilty look on his face for quite a bit of some time, all at the exact same time too.
How ever, I just seemed to simply ignore what he was doing. As it was that I did in fact just seem to hear the man speak to me. As I did in fact listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say, all at once.
"I will never be free from this... But sure... If you want to think that... We can think that..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to stare at the ground as he said so.
I wanted to think on what it was that he had said for a few moments. But at the exact same time as well, none the less. I also kind of felt like it was not worth my time what so ever.
As it was that I just seemed to once again shake my head back at the man. And I then did in fact just seem to go and speak back to him. As it was that I made sure that he could hear me for sure this time.
"Okay... And we are still standing here and doing nothing... So let's just get this shit over with..." I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was that I had my eyes squinted at him still, just as I had said that.
I was not all too sure if that was the reason that he had winced. Or if it was the fact as to the thing that he was still thinking on. As either way, I still felt like I could care less about any of it, all at once.
As it was that I had just seemed to have stood there and stared. In the end, I just then began to wake my self up, all at the exact same time too. As it was that the man seemed to have done as such a thing like that him self.
The older man just then did in fact go right on ahead, all at the exact same time too. And he then began to go and start to speak back to me. As it was that I still listened as to just what it was that he had to say.
"Very well... Stay behind me... I know this place like the back of my hand..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that the man clearly was an older man, as I could tell.
It was some thing that I had heard in really old books. As well as the fact that I had heard my grand parents say that when I was younger. As it was that I did in fact wince my self as it was that I thought back on them.
Knowing that the death of my grand father had been my fault. As the memory did in fact just seem to go and pass through my head. As it was that I did in fact try my best to act as calm as I could.