Chapter 6

As the paper fell away,

my joy turned to sheer horror. In an unexpected twist, a grotesque zombie emerged from the box, its presence chilling me to the core. My heart pounded in my chest as fear took hold.

A bloodcurdling scream escaped my lips, a cry of terror and despair, as the zombie ruthlessly attacked my parents before my eyes. I watched in horror as their lives were tragically snuffed out, their love and warmth abruptly extinguished.

The room fell into chaos as the unimaginable unfolded before my eyes. My parents, who had just moments ago expressed their pride and love, transformed into ravenous zombies, their haunting screams filling the air. Horror gripped my heart as I witnessed the unthinkable—a nightmare come to life.

Frozen in shock, I watched in disbelief as the hordes of undead creatures closed in on my parents, their hunger for flesh insatiable. Their desperate cries for help pierced through the chaos.
Tears streamed down my face as I sat there, paralyzed by fear and disbelief. The birthday cake sat untouched before me, a stark contrast to the gruesome scene unfolding in front of my eyes.

Every instinct screamed at me to run, to escape the living nightmare that had consumed my once-joyous celebration. But fear held me captive, locking my limbs in place as the terror played out in agonizing slow motion.

As I jolted awake, my heart raced, my body drenched in a sheen of cold sweat. Disoriented and trembling, I quickly realized that the horrifying events I had just experienced were nothing more than a vivid nightmare, a figment of my imagination.

Relief flooded through me as I took in my surroundings. I was still in the safety of the shop, surrounded by the group of people who had taken me in. The faint glow of the emergency lighting illuminated the space, casting eerie shadows on the walls

I wiped the sweat from my brow, the realization of the dream's unreality settling in. The weight of the nightmare clung to me, leaving me shaken and disoriented. The lines between reality and the vivid creations of my mind blurred for a moment, making it difficult to ground myself in the present.

Suddenly noises emanated from the back room of the shop, my heart skipped a beat, the residual fear from the nightmare still lingering in my veins. Instinctively, my mind leaped to the worst-case scenario—a lurking zombie ready to pounce.
With adrenaline coursing through my veins, I grabbed a sturdy rod that I had discovered tucked beneath a nearby shelf. Gripping it tightly, I braced myself for the impending threat, ready to defend myself and those fellow people.

With cautious steps, I approached the entrance to the back room,

the tension mounting with each passing second. My senses heightened, every fiber of my being attuned to any signs of danger. The echoes of my own footsteps seemed to reverberate in the silence, heightening my anxiety.

As I pushed open the door, my muscles tensed, preparing for a life-or-death struggle.

But to my surprise, standing there in the dimly lit room, was not the grotesque figure of a zombie, but him.

"It's alright," he said, his voice filled with  weariness. "I didn't mean to startle you. I was just looking for something".

Curiosity piqued, I approached him, his eyes scanning the shelves for weapons and protection. I couldn't help but wonder about his motives and the urgency behind his search.

"What are you looking for?" I asked, my voice laced with a mix of concern and intrigue.

He turned to face me, his gaze hardened with determination. "Weapons and protection," he replied, his voice tinged with a sense of urgency. "We need to be prepared for what lies ahead."

Confusion clouded my features as I considered his words. "But we are safe here, aren't we?" I questioned, my voice laced with a mix of skepticism and uncertainty.

A weary smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he shook his head. "No, my friend. We are not safe. Not here, not anywhere in America," he responded, his voice heavy with the weight of his revelation.

A chill ran down my spine as his words sank in, the realization dawning upon me. The world outside our sheltered haven was a dangerous and treacherous place. The threat of the undead loomed large, and survival was a constant battle against the odds.

In that moment, the safety and comfort of the shop seemed illusory, a fragile bubble that could burst at any moment. The walls that once provided solace now felt like a mere facade against the harsh reality of the post-apocalyptic world.

He gathered the supplies he had discovered—a bag, weapons, and tapes.
I watched as he made his decision to leave under the cover of darkness. A mix of emotions swirled within me—gratitude for the sword he entrusted to me.

"Gabriel, that's my name," he said.

With a final glance, he turned towards the exit, disappearing into the night, his silhouette blending with the shadows.

Suddenly I heard some noises. I came back hurriedly and found out that.....