Chapter 11

Gabriel approached me, a sense of urgency etched across his face.

"Athena," he said, his voice filled with a mixture of anxiety and determination, "I've intercepted some signals on the radio. They're broadcasting a message."

I turned towards Gabriel, my brows furrowing in concern. "What kind of message?" I asked.

As the radio crackled with static, a stern voice filled the airwaves, delivering a message that sent shivers down our spines. The voice belonged to the government official, and his tone carried an air of urgency and somber determination.

"Attention, citizens," the official's voice boomed over the radio waves, breaking the eerie silence that had settled over the city

"Attention, citizens," the official's voice boomed over the radio waves, breaking the eerie silence that had settled over the city. "This is an emergency broadcast from the government. In light of the rapidly spreading virus, we have made the difficult decision to initiate a controlled blasting operation within the city limits in four days."

Our primary objective is to prevent the virus from spreading further. We understand that this measure may seem extreme, but we assure you it is necessary to safeguard the lives of those who remain."

"For the survivors seeking refuge, we urge you to make your way to the West Airport immediately. Our forces will be there to assist you and ensure your safe evacuation. Helicopters will also be dispatched to transport survivors to designated safe zones. Remember, time is of the essence."

I turned to Gabriel, my heart pounding with urgency. "How can they do this?" I exclaimed, frustration etched on my face.

"We don't have time to dwell on it," Gabriel replied, his voice laced with determination. "We only have four days left, and our priority is to reach West Airport, I know it's difficult, but our chances of survival are greater if we reach the airport. We'll find help and resources there."

I bit my lip, torn between empathy and the stark reality of our situation. "But what if we're wrong? What if there's nothing waiting for us at the airport?"

Gabriel placed a hand on my shoulder, offering a reassuring squeeze. "We have to believe there's hope, that there are others out there fighting just like us. It's a risk we have to take."

I took a deep breath, realizing that Gabriel was right. We couldn't afford to let doubt consume us. "Okay, let's do it. Let's make our way to the West Airport. Maybe there's a chance for all of us."

Gabriel and I hastily packed our bags,