Chapter 35

As the plane continued on its course, suddenly, a tremendous jolt rocked the aircraft, sending shockwaves through everyone on board. I was jolted awake from a deep sleep, disoriented and panicked.

The sudden turbulence had taken us all by surprise. My heart raced as I looked around, seeing the same mixture of fear and confusion in the eyes of my fellow passengers.

Gabriel held onto his seat tightly, my dad's grip tightened on the armrest, and James and Veronica were already in action, working urgently to assess the situation.

James' eyes widened in shock as he noticed the warning light flashing, indicating a critical issue at the back of the plane. His trained instincts kicked in, and he quickly assessed the situation.

"Everyone, stay calm," James called out, trying to hide the concern in his voice. "We seem to have a problem with our fuel supply. It's as if we've suddenly run out of aviation fuel."

He checked the gauges and confirmed the dreadful reality. The fuel levels were dangerously low. In aviation terms, it was like hitting an empty tank on a long, uncertain journey.

Veronica, sitting nearby, exchanged a worried glance with James. The implications were clear: without fuel, the plane would come crashing down, ending their mission and possibly their lives in the process.

James took a deep breath, his voice firm but tinged with anxiety. "We need to find a place to land and refuel, and we need to do it fast. Veronica, help me with navigation. Smith, prepare the passengers for a potential emergency landing."

The mood on the plane shifted from anticipation to tension. Their mission, already fraught with danger, had just taken a perilous turn.

Smith's voice held a mix of frustration and concern as he asked Veronica, "Why didn't you two check the fuel levels before takeoff?"

Veronica, her face a picture of worry, replied in airplane jargon, "We did check, but it's baffling how this could happen."

James, who had been monitoring the map, chimed in, "We're already in Russian airspace, but we're going to have to make an emergency landing."My dad added, "But there's nowhere suitable to land."

Veronica, a hint of desperation in her voice, confirmed, "We don't have any other options

Veronica, a hint of desperation in her voice, confirmed, "We don't have any other options."

The realization of our dire situation weighed heavily on all of us as we grappled with the uncertainty of what lay ahead.

AT THE SURVIVAL CAMP

****

Joana confronted Victor, her voice tinged with accusation, "You didn't do right. I saw you tampering with their aircraft."

Victor, defensive, retorted, "What are you talking about? I didn't do anything!"

Joana, undeterred, shot back, "I saw you. Don't deny it. You're a disgrace."

New Year VirusOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara