Chapter 8

As we continued on our journey, our steps guided us towards an eerie sight----

a once joyous celebration reduced to a scene of macabre horror. We stumbled upon a wedding, where the air hung heavy with the stench of death. Lifeless bodies littered the ground, the remnants of guests who had fallen victim to the relentless onslaught.

A chilling shiver ran down my spine as my eyes fell upon the bride, her white dress stained with blood, her visage twisted into an unholy semblance of life

A chilling shiver ran down my spine as my eyes fell upon the bride, her white dress stained with blood, her visage twisted into an unholy semblance of life. She had succumbed to the infection, transforming into one of the very creatures we had fought against.

 She had succumbed to the infection, transforming into one of the very creatures we had fought against

A mix of revulsion and sorrow filled my heart as I witnessed the unimaginable. Gabriel's grip on my arm tightened, his voice catching in his throat. "What... what happened here?" he managed to utter, his voice choked with disbelief.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, my voice trembling as I replied, "It seems that even the most joyous occasions have fallen victim to this nightmare. The bride... she became a zombie".

Silence enveloped us as we watched in grim fascination as the undead bride feasted upon her fallen groom, a grotesque and tragic tableau of love turned to unending hunger. The scene unfolded before us, a horrifying reminder of the fragility of life and the depths to which this world had descended.

Grief and anger welled up within me, intertwining in a tumultuous mix of emotions. "It's... it's tragic," I murmured, my voice heavy with sorrow. "A moment meant to be filled with love and joy, now consumed by darkness."

Gabriel's jaw clenched, his expression a mirror of my own anguish. "We mustn't forget what we're fighting for," he said, his voice tinged with determination. "We have to reclaim the beauty that once filled these moments. We have to honor the memories of those lost."

Nodding, I summoned my resolve, the weight of the situation fueling my determination to combat the encroaching darkness. "You're right, Gabriel," I responded, my voice firm. "We fight not only to survive but to restore hope and humanity to a world consumed by despair."

A glimmer of hope sparked within us, when we saw a vehicle in front of us .