Aosta, Death from Above

Wyvern Stable no. 17, Jin-Hark, Lourian Kingdom, 11th of November, 1639, 7:37 AM

A junior wyvern fighter ran through the busy stables as he adjusted his armour. Daenim Jourie was late for his first deployment which really was one of the most important moments for any wyvern squadron. A simple patrol of Maihark which wasn't out of the blue but the fact they've called a lot of them to go on patrol was a little strange. He spotted his unit as they were just about to take off. With that, he skidded to a stop as he spotted his superior before he stood straight.

"Captain! J-Jourie reporting for duty!" Daenim said with an absolutely exhausted tone as his superior looked back and frowned.

"There you are. If I wasn't mistaken I thought you got killed by a Qua-Toynian," the older man said with a snicker before he spoke further, "You're lucky your unit hasn't taken off yet. I was about to have your wyvern put to sleep as punishment."

Daenim gulped, "I-I wouldn't dream of it sir," He said with a frown.

"I was just joking kid, lighten up. Get your wyvern with your unit up in the air. Just a simple patrol, I'm sure you can handle that right?" The captain said as he started to walk down the stables to the last wyvern in the row.

"Yes sir!" Daenim said as he approached his wyvern. He smiled as he petted the wyvern's neck affectionately to which it purred, "Hey there boy. Sorry I was late." He said before he brought him out of the stable.

"Alright, don't let me down, kid!" The captain said. Daenim nodded before he got onto his wyvern as he went to his group.

With that, the others looked back as one of them spoke, "Well look who came from the dead. Good morning to you too, Daenim," one snickered.

"Yeah yeah, sorry I was late. But I wasn't too late now was I?" Daenim said with a grin as he slipped on his helmet.

"Alright gents, let's head off!" The lead wyvern soldier said as soon they and along with the others started to run along to gain speed.

Daenim then pats his wyvern's neck and soon he started to run as well. In a quick moment the wyverns were now up in the air as Daenim cheered, "Wooo! That's what I'm talking about!" He said with a grin as he looked down to Jin-Hark below. "What a fantastic day to go flying, eh Saviour?"

Saviour below him simply let out a little roar of agreement as they flew around the perimeter of Jin-Hark. Daenim looked down to the scenery as he enjoyed the wind blowing against his face before he put down his visor while he spoke, "So this is patrol huh? I dig it," he said with a relaxed laugh as he and Saviour flew around.

Daenim had always wanted to be a wyvern fighter for as long as he dreamed it. There was a sense of honour that came with taming a beast, earning its trust, and fighting evil with it. He looked to Saviour as he smiled at the wyvern under him.

But just as he was about to reach to pet Saviour again, a terrible booming sound resonated through the air. With barely enough time, Daenim looked up to see flying beasts that flew by so quickly it hurt his ears.

"What the!?" He then started to speak into his mobile mana communicator, "Control we have unknown flying beasts passing by! Attempting to intercept!"

...

Hark ran to the windows of the Royal Baths as he looked out of them. He went wide eyed as he watched the flying beasts rush by while he gripped the stone of his windowsill, "Who the hell!?"

He watched as the sky started to be swarmed by wyvern fighters and yet they couldn't seem to catch up to them, not even close. But suddenly...

The skies turned bright as if a dozen suns popped into existence and disappeared and sooner than he realised, Hark watched the blood and gore of the wyvern fighters drop to the ground as his heart sank.