Reprise

Approaching the Doors to the World, Topa Kingdom, 30th of November, 1639

The sounds of the whirring helicopter rotors were blocked out by the headphones Giuseppe was using. In his tablet was a video feed of a particular news coverage from yesterday.

'Pope speaks to crowd, warns of 'Satan's soldiers' up north'

In an unprecedented move by the Italian government, Giovanni's administration pulled some strings behind the scenes to 'cooperate' with the Vatican so to speak. There, Pope Andreas spoke to a vast crowd, unusual for a regular mass, of horrors from the north that was made aware to them by so-called good samaritans. The Ministry of Defence, to be accurate. And now, with sudden support from the religious of the Italians, Italy vowed to see if the threat is really serious. Of course they knew the answer... but without the people's support, they surely wouldn't be even allowed on a helicopter right now.

The government was being very careful with the information they were allowing to be released. 'Leaked' photos were all the public was allowed to see. They would've let the pope said it was Italy's destiny, which really could be true but... not yet. They don't want a scandal to strike them, not right now. As he listened to the pope tell the crowd of vague details about Nosgorath, another man sat opposite of him; his Topan counterpart.

Minister of Defence Hados sported a thick black beard, his scruffy hairdo, and his armour yet despite his messy appearance, the man shouted experience. The many scars on him were from the battles he has endured. From what he knew of him, he was a veteran of a small scale war but the victories he lead his men to gave Hados the honour of Ministry of Defence. And being tasked to lead the Italians, Hados wasn't susceptible to his own curiosity as he spoke, "General Caruso, what is that you're holding?"

Giuseppe looked up before he showed the screen, "Just a tablet. I'm watching news from my country right now."

Hados then eyed the strangely dressed man on the 'tablet'. He then looked to Guiseppe, "And who is that speaking?"

Giuseppe eyed the screen again before he unplugged the headphones from its jack as the audio could be heard now for Hados. Despite the unreadable Italian below, the pope's words were nonetheless understandable somehow to Hados, "He is the pope. A leader in the biggest religion in Italy. He has given us his blessing to make sure Nosgorath and the demons do not attack Elysia again."

"Hold on... I was made aware demons do not exist in your world. Is your pope familiar with it?" Hados said in confusion now.

"Well, objectively demons are simply myth and legend on our world yes. This is my theory, but it seemed like the stories of the War God Emissaries passed down through the generations until we created our own version of demons. Our version talks about demons coming from a fiery world called hell," Giuseppe explained.

"Huh... A likely story. Though it is an odd flip. Demons here on Elysia come from the frozen lands of Grameus, along with ogres and trolls."

"Well stories can after all be corrupted through the ages. We had myths and stories of many creatures and beasts of Elysia. Again, could be descended from the Romans beforehand," Giuseppe said. "It is interesting to think about honestly! To see all these people and creatures that are only found in stories... it broke my mind."

"Well, you ought to keep your mind in check, general. Because if Nosgorath and his army returns, there will be no time to be gobsmacked. Speaking of..." Hados then looked out the window along with Giuseppe.

And immediately the Italian general broke Hados's advice as he went wide eyed. Below them was a vast fort, big enough to contain a small town inside as the walls easily reached six stories. The entire fort was in a distinct Roman design. It was a castra like any other except it was easily the size of a midsize town. Ironically, it would seem the so called Doors to the World was the biggest castra ever built which wasn't even on Earth.