Bologna, Into the Depths

LKS Hemhark, Lourian Navy 11th Fleet, Rodenius Sea, 8:25 AM

In a world full of magic, almost every person believed in deities or gods, and one reason would be signs from the heavens. Sailor Bair Nuom was part of the very small minority who didn't believe in gods, simply because he was unlucky to have his prayers and offerings to be left unanswered.

Though that didn't mean he wasn't knowledgeable with gods, along with their signs. Bair eyed the sky of the Rodenius Sea as they started to darken from the clouds. Whether it was in their favour or not wasn't something he thought of, he simply believed it was just the weather.

But trouble seemed to have brewed from home. Their fleet was tasked to patrol the waters of Qua-Toyne to make sure their transport ships would arrive while also to find any enemy ships to sink, even civilian ones.

Bair thought that was a big waste of arrows to even sink civilian ships but his less than intelligent fellow conscript sailors think otherwise. But alas their fun had to be cut off as they were now ordered to return to Jin-Hark immediately.

Even so that wasn't Bair's call and right now all he's useful for is being the Hemhark's errand boy. In his arms was a crate of arrows that he brought to the ship archers. Compared to his scrawny figure, the archers utterly terrified him. Their patriotism overshadowed by sadism that gave them an image of fear with their built bodies.

Bair perked up as he heard a voice, "Hey Nuom! Get up here!" He then looked back to see Captain Himloft as he beckoned for him.

Bair dropped the crate of arrows as he rushed to the captain, "Aye, captain?"

Himloft eyed Bair for a moment before he looked down to the deck to see that everyone was now about fully loaded with arrows. Soon he spoke, "I see you're finished, right on time. Send a message to our main mana communicator that we're fifty kilometres east of Jin-Hark. Expect our fleet to arrive soon,"

With that Bair nodded, "Aye sir," He then rushed down the ship. As he passed the rower's deck and then cargo deck, he then reached the communicator's quarters as he knocked on the door.

"Come in!" A gruff man's voice called out. Bair entered inside as he huffed.

"Captain said to send a message to the capital. We're 50 kilometres east of Jin-Hark and to expect our arrival soon," Bair said. The man nodded as he started to speak into the mana communicator.

With that Bair started to head upstairs back to the deck as he sighed in relief when he felt the sea breeze on his face again. He didn't have the valor of a captain or the strength of a warrior, but the sight of the seas was enough to calm him down.

However he then looked ahead and narrowed his eyes. What on Elysia is that? In the distance was a strange looking grey ship that was sailing towards them. What is that?

...

ITS Andrea Doria

"... enemy vessels spotted, captain. What are your orders?"

Captain Angelo Leonetti of the ITS Andrea Doria. Such a name of the ship was only reserved to famous and historic vessels of the Italian Navy. From the ironclad to the battleship, Leonetti only realised now that he was about to make history with the latest Andrea Doria ship.

He can see it now, when time passes by enough, the story of Italy's first war in Elysia and how the Andrea Doria took part in the pacification of Louria.

So why was he hesitating? He eyed the ships in the distance as he and his ship traveled parallel to them. They were just wooden ships, but he knew they were the enemy. And with that, he spoke.