Chapter 1

||Age: 16||Place: U.A.-Class 1-A Classroom||

It has been more or less than a year since he met All Might. Izuku was finally able to get into his dream school: U.A. which trained the top heroes. With his new quirk One For All, he could chase his dreams just like Inko would've wanted for him. His classmates were a little unsure of him at first but they were able to get along with him over time. They seem fazed by his condition at first but never make fun of him, unlike the ones who did throughout his childhood. The only thing that confused him the most was his quirks. With his strength-like quirk, a rare healing quirk was, well, confusing.

After the events at Kamino, the No. 1 hero, All Might, was forced to retire. This also led the school to put up a new dorm system to ensure the students' safety. Everyone in Class 1-A's parents agreed except Izuku's. Hisashi, being the man that 'raised' Izuku, was able to convince the school to let him stay at home and continue to study in U.A. It wasn't because Hisashi had a change of heart, it was so that he can keep an eye on his 'son' more.

On a fine Monday morning, the heroes-in-training were chatting amongst themselves while waiting for their homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa, to start class. Ochaco Uraraka, a close friend of Izuku's, noticed a greenette being unusually quiet. Izuku wasn't that chatty but would always join in on the conversation but this was different. For the whole semester, Izuku's eyebags kept getting darker, and would rarely come with bandages on his arms. He also looked like he lost weight.

Iida: "What's wrong, Uraraka?"

She turned to her navy-haired friend. Tenya Iida, the second son of the famous Iida hero family, was the class president and also another close friend of Izuku. Ochaco pointed to Izuku.

Ochaco: "Iida, don't you notice something odd about Deku today?"

Iida: "What do you mean?"

Ochaco: "His eyebags are getting darker and he looks thinner and more pale. I don't know if this is possible but he sounds more monotonous."

Iida looked at his friend. Izuku did look more tired than before and he was slightly skinny. Before he could even say anything, the door flew open to reveal Aizawa.

Aizawa: "When the bell rings-"

He was greeted with silence. Satisfied, he walked up to the podium to begin homeroom.

Aizawa: "Before we begin hero training, I would like to remind you about the assignment last homeroom. All of you are going to talk about your family in front of the class. I'll call you one by one. Yaoyorazu, you go first."

This is the reason why Izuku's been avoiding his classmates. His fear of letting something about his parents slip. Katsuki and All might didn't even know about what happens in Izuku's home life. He thought that they might ignore him like the police when he tried. Nobody ever trusted him in the past. One word about his father's... horrid activities will bring him more pain and suffering.

When it was his turn to present, he hesitantly walked up front. Facing his classmates seemed to calm him but it didn't subdue his shaking. He couldn't tell them. Izuku hung his head low and his lips moved but no sound came out. Aizawa noticed this.

Aizawa: ">Sigh< Speak up, Midoriya."

Izuku gulped. Trying to hide his shaking hands but failing to do so. 

Kaminari: "It's okay, Midori. Whatever it is embarrassing about your folks we promise that we won't laugh."

Kaminari, Kirishima, and Ashido gave him a thumbs up, oblivious to his shaking hands. Izuku kept his head towards the floor and spoke up.