Chapter 9

Aizawa's POV:

It's been 2 days since Hisashi was arrested. I was hospitalized since I was injured including Midoriya but the moment we got to the hospital they put him through surgery to get the bullet out of his back. I heard that his friends including Bakugou came to the crime scene to see him being placed in the ambulance and tried to run after him. All Might and Tsukauchi had to stop them. The day after the bust, Tsukauchi, All Might, and Yamada came to see me to report what they found inside the room. Aside from the blood stains, chains, knives, and whips, they found a hidden compartment at the back of the room. When they were able to open it, there was a rotting corpse inside. Tsukauchi described me in full detail about the corpse. It had shriveled pale skin and thin green hair, and from what they could guess, it wore something similar to what a housewife would. 

It took them a while to identify the body based on what was left of its fingerprints. And they have a match on a single Inko Midoriya. When they asked Hisashi, he wouldn't answer so they asked me if he let anything slip. I told them what I knew about her murder including my suspicions about Hisashi being the murderer and they are currently interrogating him. I was discharged two days after his arrest and Yamada came to pick me up since Emi had work but she said she would be coming to UA to see if I was okay. But I couldn't leave without seeing Midoriya. During the surgery, they had to call Chiyo halfway for her assistance to heal the burns and properly stitch up his wounds but the bullet was a different story. He even flatlined twice and what was shocking was that it missed by an inch to his aorta which would've resulted in his death.

As if I wasn't worried out of my mind already. When I entered his room, I was met with beeping machines that were keeping him alive. His torso was wrapped in bandages and so were his shoulders and arms to hide the burns and wounds. An oxygen mask that fogged up with each shallow exhale, his skin was pale and expression peaceful. He looked almost dead. I saw a single salty tear from the corner of his eye when I came closer to him. I just couldn't take it anymore and carefully lifted his upper body to hug him. Yamada had to pry my arms off to get me out of the hospital to be on time for my period. Yes, I don't even get a rest day after this whole ordeal but Nezu wanted to keep this whole thing under wraps because this would cause the school to be shut down for letting a child live with their abusive parents and not even noticing.

When we stopped at a red light, the cockatoo in the driver's seat burst into tears and hugged me tight like a lifeline. It's official, he's gone crazy with worry. He even screeched in my ear, telling me how worried he was when he received my distress signal. Yamada finally calmed down when the light was green. As much as I appreciated his concern, my ears had to pay the price for it.

Yamada: "But seriously, are you ok?"

I didn't answer for a moment. What was I supposed to say to him? After what happened, I didn't know what to do but pretended to go about my day. 

Me: ">sigh< I'm fine, Yamada."

Yamada: "You don't sound okay."

Me: "Maybe I am after..."

Yamada: "Listen, I know you're worried about the little listener but Chiyo and the other doctors did the best they could. Besides, he should be able to wake up after a few days, give or take. Don't fret over something like that."

Me: "It's not me you should be telling that. It's the class."

He went silent. The class was informed of all of this and they promised to keep the whole thing a secret for the school's and Midoriya's sake. When we parked the car at the teacher's parking lot at UA, it took a lot of me to not bolt to the teacher's dorm and call Emi. Yamada left me because he still had a class to teach in the first period so it left me to walk to my first class by myself. My shaking hands hesitated to open the door so I took a deep breath and gathered up my usual demeanor. When I entered, it was quiet.

No One's POV:

Aizawa: "Good morning."

Class 1-A: "Good morning, sir." 

At the podium, the sleep-deprived hero found something in Shoji's hands: A rope. With one tug, the fake blackboard just fell to the floor to reveal a very large welcome-back sign that took up the entire board. This was probably the work of Ochaco and her alone to make it because of the calligraphy and the very small buds of colored chalk. It said: "WELCOME BACK, MR. AIZAWA!/FROM: CLASS 1-A"

The entire room was in chaos when he had time for a reaction.

Ashido: "We heard everything from Principal Nezu! We were so worrieeeeeeddddddd!!!!!!!!"

Iida: "I certainly agree with utmost sincerity, Sensei! Three days and not a single word!"

Kirishima: "The teachers didn't know what happened to you except that you went to Midobro's apartment to save him! You almost gave us a heart attack!"

Toru: "We missed you so much, Sensei!"

With a single pair of ruby eyes, the chaos died in just a millisecond. Aizawa deactivated his quirk with a grin behind his scarf. This class was making him soft and he didn't mind at all. When it was time for the lesson discussion, Aizawa ordered the calligrapher to erase her creation not before taking a picture behind his back as a remembrance but the brunette dejectedly erased as per his instructions. Before he could speak, Sero raised a hand that the said hero gestured to continue.

Sero: "Mr. Aizawa, are you okay?"

Aizawa: "I'm fine, Sero. I only have minimal injuries so don't worry."

Kaminari: "But what about Midoriya? Principal Nezu told us what condition he was in but we wanted to hear it from you to confirm it."

He didn't answer for a moment again. All he wanted was for this day to go about like normal, having a lesson like always, and his words accompanied by a greenette who was currently in a hospital bed, unconscious.

Aizawa: "... He's out of critical condition and is sure to wake up in about a week. Recovery Girl and the doctors properly treated his injuries but he'll be weak once he wakes up so he'll be in rehab for two weeks until then, he's not participating in any hero training. Try to stop him if he tries, got it?"

Ochaco: "We will, sir."

The day went normally or as normal as it can be. Every lesson, the classroom was quiet aside from the teachers' words. Without Izuku's muttering in every class, it was a little too quiet even during breaks. They kept looking at the empty desk behind Katsuki with worried faces. During lunch, his close friends' table was silent with some small talk here and there but not a whole conversation. Just to break the ice during their afternoon break, Yaoyorozu suggested visiting Izuku on Saturday and preferably bringing a simple gift. That got them a little excited and they talked about some gifts to bring and what not to bring (>cough< Mineta and >cough< Tokoyami >cough<) before their last period.  It lifted some worry off their minds but Ochaco's. She was still uneasy about it and Iida could relate. It was their best friend after all.

________________________________________________________________________

Again, I do not own the MHA manga and series.

Long time no see, darlings. School was a hassle and with my finals ending recently, it's been a roller coaster ride on my part. mind you, I never rode one. 

I missed writing and I missed updating! This story has currently 2.71k viewers! That makes me so happy. Thank you all so much!

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter and more to come!💙

Word count: 1385 words