Chapter 2

When the last bell rang, Izuku quickly shoved his stuff in his bag (arm healed) while his classmates stood up. 

Kaminari: "Hey, hey! What's the rush, Midoriya?"

The forest-haired teen didn't respond. He slung his bag over his shoulder and left the classroom without saying anything. Leaving the others confused, Todoroki saw that dejected downward look on his face. It was something he knew very well.

Sato: "Is it me or he's a little rushed today?"

Ashido: "Not just you..."

Kaminari: "What's up with him today? Did he find out that we saw those things in his locker?"

Iida: "Maybe his father told him to go home early today. Midoriya told me that he's been overprotective lately."

With Izuku, he was walking through the crowded hallways and overthinking what his father might do to him. All he hopes is that Hisashi will be home late at night. Izuku's train of thought stopped when he bumped right into someone and fell backward.

Izuku: "S-Sorry."

All Might: "It's alright, lad. Here."

The greenette looked up at the retired hero's hand. He took it and stood up. 

All Might: "Are you alright? You look nervous."

Izuku: "It's nothing. I r-really need to get h-home. I'll see you tomorrow, All Might."

Before he could answer, Izuku walked right passed him. The walk home was slow like how he does every day. Trying to delay but not too slowly to make sure he's home at a reasonable time. The quirk detector was a device that Hisashi brought from the black market. It was to make sure that Izuku would never use his healing quirk. 

He suddenly stopped seeing that he finally reached his apartment much faster than he intended to. Fiddling with his keys, he entered the apartment that was once filled with laughs. He took off his shoes and went straight to his room. After changing into his casual clothes, he locked his door. Izuku sat on his bed while waiting anxiously (though he didn't know that he was anxious) for his father to return.

(A/N: Beyond this point, it's abuse, blood, alcohol, and violence. Skip if you're sensitive to these topics.)

Minutes turned into an hour when he finally heard the front door creak open. Footsteps echo loudly throughout the quiet hall until it halted right outside of his room. The footsteps descended for a while and came back minutes later. Izuku thought that Hisashi left to get a bottle bitterly. Standing up and breathing heavily, he heard his father's fists bang on the door ruthlessly.

Hisashi: "Open up, brat! I know you're in there!"

Izuku didn't open it. He backed away from the door until his back hit the wall and slid down on the floor. Hisashi became furious and banged on the door like a madman. The boy covered his ears and pressed his knees against his chest. 

Hisashi: "Open the f*cking door!!"

Hisashi's footsteps descended again and a torrent of fire came bursting through that broke down the door in the process. Izuku didn't dare to look up but he did anyway. Hisashi stood at the frame of the doorway holding a bottle with smoke puffing out of his mouth. It was terrifying to look at. You wouldn't think that he was a gentleman working at a tech company. He entered the plain room and walked closer to his son. 

Izuku looked away. The bottle Hisashi was holding was smashed onto Izuku's green curls. The shattered glass pierced his scalp, booze drenching his hair. 

Hisashi: "Why didn't you open the door, eh?!"

Not receiving an answer, he took a fistful of the younger's hair and slammed his face to the wooden floor. Izuku winced and felt a stinging pain on his nose. It was broken. Hisashi dragged the silent boy to what he called his torture room. Izuku knew better than to fight back. He never did after years of pain and torture.

Hisashi: "You disobeyed me, Izuku. I thought you finally learned your lesson after your mother died."

I did, Izuku thought, I did. I know that I'm the cause of her death.

Hisashi dropped him on the cold floor. The room wasn't always like this. This used to be Inko's crafting room. She was a nurse and she would craft toys and dolls for the children at the hospital. Izuku would help her. Now it was filled with blood stains, chains, and Horrible memories. Hisashi chained Izuku's wrists which left his upper body upright while being on his knees.

Hisashi: "Why did you use your quirk?! Tell me!"

He kept his mouth shut. It would only be whipping. It did. Whip cracks and blood-curdling screams filled the room. Bloody slashes covered his entire back. His body was already filled with scars, not a speck of skin was left. If he could keep his mouth shut for the rest of the night, he might be able to-

Flames hit his back and sealing his wounds. 

Izuku: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hisashi: "ANSWER ME!!"

Izuku shook his head. More whips and flames hit his body. His screams are mostly heard than the whip cracks. On the inside of the room that is. The room was completely soundproof and the only window there was tinted from the outside. Tears formed in his eyes, threatening to spill out.

Hisashi: "Who did you use your quirk on?!"

He kept shaking his head no. The whipping never stopped. It went on for like an eternity until Izuku went unconscious. 

(A/N: You may continue reading our scheduled reading topic.) 

When Izuku woke up, he was out of the chains and now lying on the floor with pools of blood. Pain shot through his body once again when he tried to stand up. The injuries from last were mostly burns with small whip lashes here and there. After multiple tries, he was finally able to stand.

The room was unlocked. He limped to his room but a note a stuck on his door.

'Tell anyone about all of this then you're in a world full of pain.'

Izuku gripped the note before throwing it at his trash bin beside his bed. He took out his uniform, took a bath (that hurt more than he wanted to), and got dressed for school. He begrudgingly left without eating.

It's not like I was hungry anyways, Izuku thought.

He made a mental note to add more burn cream to his injuries. The ones in his locker would do if the school didn't confiscate them yet. He also hoped that there wouldn't be hero training for today. He reached the gates of U.A. 

Izuku: (I hope nobody notices.)

He limped towards the school. He got a few strange looks from passing students but ignored them. Izuku walked through the vast hallways and towards his classroom.

Ochaco: "Deku!"

He turned to look at his best friends walking and smiling at him. He waved back at them.

Iida: "Good morning, Midoriya."

Izuku (quietly): "Morning.>cough<"

His voice was tired and sore from all of the screaming from last night. This goes unnoticed by the brunette. 

Ochaco: "Deku, is your voice okay? Your eyebags are getting darker though."

Izuku: "I'm fine, Uraraka."

Ochaco: "If you say so. Let's get to class."

Iida: "Mh."

While walking, Ochaco and Iida couldn't help but notice their freckled friends limping. He was a bit paler than yesterday and there was a small patch of burnt skin and dried blood under his chin. Ochaco was tempted to ask him about it but they already reached their classroom. They saved it for later and readied themselves for the day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I do not own the MHA franchise and the photos used.

This was a little hard to write even on paper. I'm going to either make this a no-ship thing or an IzuOcha if y'all don't comment. So which one: no-ship or IzuOcha? 

Hoped you enjoyed this chap and many chaps to come! 💙

Word count: 1279 words