Chapter 4

>>Eri's Place<<

Ochaco's POV:

Deku knocked on the door at Eri's place and waited. Togata-senpai opened the door and gave us one of his million-dollar smiles. Since his quirk was permanently erased, he was on a break from his classes to take care of Eri.

Togata-senpai: "So good to see you guys! It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Deku: "It is."

Me and Tsu: "Mh!"

Togata-senpai: "Come on in. Eri's been waiting for you three."

Me, Deku, and Tsu just come in when a small figure of silvery hair wrapped herself around Deku's waist. Eri looked up at him and gave him the brightest smile.

Eri: "Long time no see, Deku-san."

Deku patted her head and forced a smile on his lips.

Deku: "Long time no see, Eri-chan."

No one's POV:

Eri knew about her hero's condition and that he was only forcing that smile but she didn't care. As long as she saw him smile then she would be happy too and vice versa. She pulled them happily inside and the trio of teenagers played with her happily. An hour flew by and Izuku received a phone call. Excusing himself to the porch, he answered without looking at the caller ID. A blood-curdling voice exploded from the other side of the line.

Hisashi: "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, BRAT!"

Oh no.

Izuku gulped. He was glad that it wasn't on speaker.

Hisashi: "You're supposed to be home an hour ago! Get home this instant or else!!!"

Izuku never felt more scared(?) in his entire life.

Hisashi: "Answer ME!!"

Izuku(stammering): "Y-Yes, s-s-sir."

Hisashi scoffed and hung up. Izuku's arm fell to his side. He knew what was coming, hell, he knew for as long as he could remember. From a distance, Aizawa stared at his student quizzically. He heaved a sigh and approached Izuku. He placed a hand on his shoulder making Izuku jump at the sudden contact but relaxed realizing that it was his teacher. Aizawa took note of his reaction.

Aizawa: "Midoriya, what are you doing out here? I thought you were supposed to be with Eri."

Izuku: "M-My f-father called me. He told me to come home now."

Aizawa raised an eyebrow and nodded.

Izuku: "I'm gonna go grab my things."

Aizawa: "I'll walk with you. Just to see if you arrive home safe."

He hesitated but nodded. The both of them entered. The group looked at them.

Eri: "Hello, Mr. Aizawa."

Aizawa: "Hello, Eri."

Ochaco: "Who called you, Deku?"

Izuku: "J-Just m-my father. He wants me h-home immediately."

Mirio: "Already?"

Izuku: "Sorry, guys but I need to go home."

After gathering his things and promising Eri that he would play with her soon, Izuku and Aizawa left. Aizawa was observing his student. He was limping, he looked a little skinny, with a small patch of burnt skin at the side of his neck. His weird behavior and the bloody bandages in his locker sent red flags in Aizawa's mind. The walk towards the greenette's apartment was a silent one. Suspiciously, Aizawa noticed Izuku's change of pace. He was getting slower like he was trying to delay. His hands were shaking and he bit his lip. 

Soon (too soon for Izuku), his apartment came into view. Izuku gulped as quietly as he could but didn't go unnoticed by his teacher. Izuku led the way upstairs with Aizawa in tow until they reached his door. Izuku searched his keys whilst Aizawa caught a small whiff of something he couldn't put a finger on. It was small but nothing good. Finally, Izuku fished out his keys, inserted them on the doorknob, and twisted it open. It was slightly opened when the scent of alcohol and smoke made Aizawa's stomach lurch. Izuku bid his goodbyes and closed the door shut. 

Aizawa hesitated but went down the stairs anyway. In his mind, he knew that he should've left him there in that apartment. Something was wrong and he didn't know what. His gut told him to snatch Izuku away from that door and never let him return to that place. Aizawa's thoughts were interrupted by his vibrating phone. It was a phone call from All Might.

Aizawa's POV:

I picked up the call.

Me: "What is it?"

All Might: "Aizawa, we need you here immediately."

He sounded urgent and that bothered me.

Me: "Why?"

All Might: "Because there's someone here who wants to talk to us about Young Midoriya. I think I know why he needs those bandages."

Me: "I'll be there in ten."

I hung up, stuffed my phone in my pocket, and ran straight to UA. Whatever it was about Problem Child may have to explain his recent behavior. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I arrived at the gates soon and searched for the teachers' lounge. When I got there, Detective Tsukauchi and Hawks were inside holding a brown envelope. All Might had his hands clasped together.

All Might: "Take a seat, Aizawa."

I did what he asked. I looked at Tsukauchi and to Hawks.

Me: "What is it that you want to talk about?"

Hawks: "I think All Might told you a part of it, Eraser. It's about one of your students."

Tsukauchi cleared his throat before speaking.

Tsukauchi: "At the start of the school year, a family near the Midoriya's apartment reported screaming coming from their apartment. A couple of police officers paid a visit but the father, Hisashi, explained that his son just fell from the ladder because they were changing the light bulbs. We didn't think of it much but I suspected that it was a lie. Then, just recently, I was at the pharmacy store when I saw Midoriya purchasing bandages, burn creams, and pain relievers."

Hawks: "The vigilante in Kyushu, Spectacle, gave me a tip about the related matter. He handed me this as proof of his suspicions."

He handed me the envelope. Inside were detailed sketches of a window and inside of the window was Hisashi holding a knife that looked bloody. His back was facing the view of the vigilante but Hisashi was facing Problem Child who was hanging by the chains. From the dark shading, I can tell that he was covered in blood. My heart dropped seeing the next drawing. The knife from the previous sketch was stabbed on his shoulder. The third one turned my fear into rage. 

Hawks: "He explained to me that Hisashi used his quirk on his son from what he saw. His quirk, I think, allows him to see through tinted glass or walls. Spectacle was positive that Hisashi used his quirk on his son. You guessed it, Hisashi has a fire-breathing quirk."

I clenched my fist in anger. I passed the three sketches to All Might and by his reaction, he was thinking the same thing. I put my hand on my face.

Aizawa: "So the bandages in his locker were to cover his injuries and the burn cream... Why didn't he say anything?"

Tsukauchi: "Without a doubt. But we can't just have the bloody bandages and those sketches as evidence. We require more or possibly even need to question Midoriya about this."

All Might: "But we can't just ignore this either. We thought that it's best to officially put you on this case as you are his teacher."

Aizawa: "... I think there might be a way to gather more proof."

___________________________________________________________________________________

i do not own the MHA franchise.

been a long time since I last updated. sorry for keeping you guys waiting. what do you guys think about my first izuocha smutshot btw?

Word count: 1212 words