The crash (short story)

"John." Andrew said over the intercom. "You need to leave and come back up, it's like the meteor is about to explode."

"Not just yet!" John said as he lifted his pickaxe over the strange gooey black rock. Then he struck down with it and to his surprise the strange rock came free rather easily. "Okay! I'm coming, get ready to leave." John said to Andrew over the intercom.

But as John was about to leave the little crater he was in he saw something that caught his eye. The hole where the strange rock was in started to leak, a black liquid started to leak from the hole. "It's like the rock is leaking." John said out loud. "What? John, stop delaying, you need to leave right now!" Andrew said to John to urge him to move. "Right!" John said as he started to jump towards the spaceship.

It was hard for John to move fast as the zero gravity made it hard and uncomfortable to move at a fast pace. And to make things worse the whole meteor was shaking. "I'm almost there!" John shouted over the intercom, he was still holding the gooey rock in his hands.

"Damn it, John!" Andrew shouted at John. "What's on God's earth is that?!" he shouted as he pointed at the gooey black rock. John managed to reach the spaceship before the meteor exploded, he and Andrew were now flying back to earth.

"I've no idea." John said as he placed the rock in a glass tube. "But think, Andrew. We are bringing a new material, no, a new substance back to earth. This will change so much and we will be famous." John said as he closed the glass tube with its lid.

"So you almost died just to bring that thing back here?" Andrew said disappointingly.

"Well, yeah," John said as he started to get out of his spacesuit. "And by the way, I did not die."

"I can see that." Andrew sighed. "Ahh, damn you, you can be so infuriating sometimes"

"Stop complaining." John said as he walked past Andrew. "We need to pilot the ship back home, so c'mon." John said as he walked into the pilot room. Andrew cursed as he followed John.

The symbiote hissed from happiness, it was finally free from the prison that its kind place it in. It was free! But it still felt strange, it was free, but its saviour had placed it in some kind other prison. The saviour that it wants to give its gift to. The saviour saved it, the saviour deserves its gift. So it started to move around, crash around in its new strange prison. It tried and tried, but it was getting nowhere. But then it came up with an idea, what if it tried to break this new prison with its old prison? So the symbiote grabbed its prison rock and threw it as hard it could've at its new prison. The symbiote hissed with satisfaction as its old prison broke its new prison, it was free, free again. Now it just needed to find its saviour and give him its gift, it will be its saviour's greatest gift, the best thing in its saviour life. So it started to crawl out of its prison, it was so white in this cramped place. It wondered where it was? Was this a ship that its saviour used? It has never seen a ship like this. As it crawled around it started to hear voices, two voices it heard. It doesn't understand the language the voices are speaking, it always starts like that, but when it has been bonded long enough to its host it always learns their species language. As it kept on crawling the voices started to get louder and louder, it was close to its saviour. And then it saw him, but its saviour was with another species of its kind. That made it angry and jealous, how dare its saviour be with another when it should be with IT. it is ready and willing to give its saviour it's beautiful gift, so its saviour can be its.

The symbiote started to crawl near and near towards its saviour, its saviour or the other did not see it as it came closer to them. It will have its saviour.

"We are almost ready to land, captain." Andrew said over the intercom.

"Excellent." the captain said. "We down here are making everything ready for your arrival."