Prologue - Gaia's Village

In the land of the first era, the beginning of evolution, a fight between a life-changing decision. It broke into war as the world burned. As half of the citizens escaped to the boats, the others stayed, trapped underground from the fire. But by a miracle, as they all think the end is coming, a bright light shined upon the earth as the fire vanished. The earth began to heal quickly as new blossoms grew.

It was a blessing.

A goddess was revealed. The survivors praised the goddess as she gifted them with the strength to defend their home. They rebuilt what they have lost but made it different. Building alongside the trees. Growing new planets. Eating new foods. Training for whatever war comes. For whatever dangers lark outside their home.

Ready for anything.

-

     A siren was blown as a small pack ran through the forest. The pack was wearing a wooden mask. Blank wooden masks to show no fear. They ran through the tall grass. Leaped over rocks and small creaks before a set of five targets stand strong. Arrows were shot. Only seven have hit a target. The rest of the pack has subsided, admitting their defeat. The rest ran passed. Swinging through trees passed the mud pit. One fell by missing the vine and another fell because of loose grip. Five have passed. They continued to run through the forest before another set of targets were up. Arrows were shot. Three were hit. The two arrows that were shot missed and subsided. The remaining three continued.

As they run through the forest, the earth started to rumble. A creature of a large beetle and a slug came through. It stretched out, ready to feed its growling stomach. Two arrows were shot and made the slimy skin peirce, but were kicked out of the way. One hedgehog of green ran up to the large creature with a spear in hand. Decorated in many carvings and leaves before a splash of blue blood painted the spear and the holder. The large creature cried in pain before dropping to the earth. The green hedgehog whispers something under their breath before receiving their weapon and started skinning the creature for food. The hedgehog runs off again. Back home.

A line was set as the green hedgehog ran through and stopped itself, sliding along the dirt. The villagers around them cheered as they watched the green hedgehog walks forward toward the chief. Another green hedgehog. Wearing a gown made out of leaves, moss, and twigs. Three black lines traced down from her forehead to her chin with a line across the bridge of her nose.

The finisher kneels to the chief as the presented a bag of the Bullslug's meat. The chief nodded as a small smile grew on her lips. The villagers cheered as the green hedgehog rosed to their feet. The chief gently grabbed the green hedgehog's wooden mask. The finisher showed similar traits to the chief as a single black line ran down her face with a little line across the bridge of her nose. Along with many shades of mud and paint along her body.

"My child," the chief says, making the villagers quiet down. "I am proud of you. Proud of your strength, your strategy, and your heart for your home."

The green hedgehog nodded without saying a word. The chief turns to the villagers. As soon as she began to speak once more, everyone's ears flicked and turned at a strange sound. Something humming. The green hedgehog takes her staff and holds her ground as the rest of the villagers grabbed whatever they could as the guards took a stance, weapons at the ready. The green hedgehog crawled forward with the guards before they halt at the entrance of the forest. They saw something and tightened their hold on their weapons. Then, a strange creature standing in a weird flying ball flies out of the forest covered in leaves.

"Orbot!" The man cried. "Why didn't we just take to the sky!? I have leaves in my mustache!"

Then a red technological creature pops out and began to talk. "Well, sir. It was your idea to give an element of surprise."

The man grew more frustrated and grew red. The villagers whispered to each other, questioning what this weird creature with no fur is called. The chief pulled out a spear and walks forward. The green hedgehog stops her, giving her a concerned look. "Allow me, Mother. Please?" The hedgehog asked. The chief, with hesitation, sighs and nods. The hedgehog nods back before pulling out her spear and walks in front of the guards and stops in between the weird man in a flying ball and the villagers.

She stood her ground and called out, "Who are you? Why are you here?" The man finally turned his attention from his companion to her. She grinned at the sight of her before leaning forward to answer. "Well, little rodent. I'm Dr. Eggman! And I'm here to make a deal."

The hedgehog's stomach twisted in fear but she stood her ground and let this doctor speak. Dr. Eggman grinned. "I have a plan to destroy my worst enemy. Whenever I think of something brilliant, they always push me back to where I started. For years this fight has been going and I'm tired of it! To succeed in my plan, I need your land. Your resources. Here's my deal: you let me...borrow your land and you won't die from my brilliant plan. How does that sound?" The doctor finishes as he reaches his hand out to shake.

The hedgehog's eyes were wide with shock. Trade her home only to be turned to dust? She growled at the doctor, her ears pinned back in anger. Her grip on her spear tightened with every second of looking into the doctor's glasses.

She took a few steps back to restrain herself. She points her spear at him.

"This is our home! We won't leave it to be destroyed by you or anybody who comes through our forest! If you want it, you will have to take it from our graves!"

The villagers roar in agreement as they bang their weapons on the ground. The doctor stands tall in his little flying ball with a sigh. "I try to make peace and this is what I get? So be it."