Chapter 16 - City Chaos

(Oana's POV)

     We arrived at the strategy room. The echidna smiled at our arrival but quickly fell as he spotted what the rookies were carrying. He looked at the dead bear-bug shell then looked at me. He raised his hands in the air and quickly turned around. "I'm not gonna ask what that is."

     "Are you sure?" Lot asked with his mouth full. "It's pretty good."

     I turned to him to speak but spotted a little drip of soup dripping out of his mouth. I reached my hand over and wiped it away. "Huh-"

     "Do not eat with your mouth full," I said as I licked my finger, tasting the delicious seasoning of the soup, like chicken broth. "We do not want to waste good food, correct?"

     Lot nodded as his cheeks turned a light tint of pink. I smiled as I turned to the echidna and the others in the room. I spotted a spot in the corner and took a seat. I pulled out my spear and whetstone as the echidna started to speak.

     "Listen up! We just got word that Eggman's forces are undermanned at his headquarters in Metropolis!"

     "They're probably staging somewhere else as part of Eggman's plan. This could be our only chance to take the city," Espio stated with his arms crossed. I nodded in agreement to his words. My ear flicked at the sound of growls and grunts. I looked over to see Fuchsia trying to rip the bear-bug shell. I quickly stopped her before she could rip her mouth off. I showed her to break off a piece little by little. She nodded in understanding and whispered thanks. I turned my attention back to the topic at hand.

     "Who cares what it's called?" Silver the Hedgehog commented. "What's important is to have a well-thought-out strategy."

     I stood to my feet at the hedgehog's comment. It made me worry. "I thought up this strategy in about a minute and a half. We're going in hard and fast and we're not going to stop til Eggman's army's destroyed," the echidna said with a proud smile. I groaned in annoyance. He is the commander of the resistance and he acts like a child with these "plans." I am close to taking over his position because of his stupidity. It is plain and simple. It has holes that need to be filled.

      "We've got the strength and the spirit to win. There's no finer group that I'd want to fight with," the echidna added with hope. I let out a sigh to relax before I launch myself onto him and choke him to the brink of death for my sanity.

      "Ha! Great speech! Let's give Eggman an old-fashioned beat down!" Vector said as he punched his fists together. Soon, everyone has agreed to the red critter's plan. I, at the other point of direction, am in disagreement. I kept myself together in peace with the help of tapping my foot. I focused on my breathing as the conversation continued.

     As I started to become blind with anger at this childish plan, a hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked over to see Gadget looking into my eyes with bravery. Confident with this plan. With his confidence and courage, I let out a sigh and made my peace with this plan.

     I bit my finger at a strange sense. A sense of something going wrong. Something was going to happen to us. To the resistance. To my people. I hope it is not something to worry about too much.

-

     The rookies and I were dropped off by a shuttle. I rolled my eyes at the flying machine. At least it was better than the one I had to take up to space. Fuchsia was hopping in place with excitement and jumped out of the shuttle. She swung to safety with the help of her grappling hook. Along with Lot, who simply leaned out of the shuttle. Gadget offered his hand toward me. I smiled at the gesture and took it. We both jumped out of the flying shuttle and swung to safety. Gadget stumbled a bit and I helped him before he could fall on his face.