Chapter 12 - Back in Business

(Oana's POV)

     By sunrise, me and my people were ready to come back to the resistance base. Many things can happen in a matter of hours. As my people were giving their farewells to their loved ones, I looked at myself in the mirror. I have decided to change a few details in my appearance. An upgrade as the little fox would say. I looked down at the bowl below me. Filled with black paint. I looked up into the mirror again.

     My face was clean. The cleanest I have seen it in a few months.

     I took in a deep breath before taking my fingers into the dark liquid. Lifted my soaked limbs to my face and started painting.

-

     I joined my people moments later and used our gifts to run back to the resistance base. Once we had returned, Rose was waiting outside with a smile. She nodded my way as I nodded back. We walked into the base without another word. Rose passed out the little earpieces we needed to communicate to the others. Before I could ask what had happened while we were gone, she interrupts.

     "I'm glad you're back. You look great. We have a little situation happening in Aqua Road—a strange signal of some kind. I will send some enforcements to meet you there," she says as if she is in a rush but calm and collected. I smiled at her information. I turned to my people and nodded for them to leave. They complied and closed the door behind them.

     I turned to Rose. She looked up at me nervously. I bent down a bit to be at her eye level. "You have done well, Rose. Thank you for considering us. We will be there as soon as possible."

     I straighten my posture, recognizing how different in height we are now. I placed my hand on top of her head, messing with her hair. She giggled a bit before pushing my hand away. I turned to exit. The door opened for me, but I turned to Rose before I left. "By the way, Rose. Don't forget to send my greetings to the echidna."

-

     It didn't take long to arrive at Aqua Road. Bright colors of light surrounded us as we investigated where we should be headed towards. I pulled out my wristband and pulled out a holographic map in front of me. The little yellow dot represented us and our location, but I couldn't see any strange signal Rose had mentioned. I clicked my tongue for my people to gather around me. I turned to them and presented the map below us.

     "There is a strange source somewhere in this forest. Spread out and find what it could be. If you have found it, contact me, and head back to the base. We need to find this source. It might help us against the doctor. But if it is helpful to us, it is helpful to the doctor. Do not be found, do not get caught."

     My people nodded, understanding their task. We placed the palms of our hands on our chests. "May the goddess give you strength," we say at the same time. I stood straight and gave each other a last nod farewell before turning around and using our gifts to split apart.

     I ran into the forest, climbing trees, searching any place I could see to find this strange source. I pulled up my map again and saw something different. A little blinking red dot a little away from where I stood. I took a breath in, closed the map, and ran towards the location. As I ran through the bushes and dirt of the forest, something caught my attention.

     Water?

     I looked ahead to see a sudden drop. A cliff. I dropped on all fours, digging my claws into the earth, trying to stop myself. As I came to a calm stop, I looked out to see some sort of transportation with the help of water. I looked below to see some of the doctor's toys and something red. I squinted my eyes before gasping.

Illusions (Infinite x Oc) Hiatus जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें