Chapter 5 - Mission Breakout

(Oana's POV)

     I held on tight to the unsteady shuttle the damn echidna put me in. When he said the Death Egg was in space, I thought, maybe a more stable shuttle that would take us out here peacefully. But no! Put me in a shuttle that is going to fall apart at any second!

     No wonder they needed a new one.

     I felt my stomach start to turn as the shuttle shook again. I held onto the closest pole there was and held on for my life. Gadget yelled from the front, "Sorry! I never drove a shuttle before!"

     I gulped before responding, "You're doing fine, little wolf! Just...wonderful!" I heard the wolf puffed some air out, sighing in relief. I started to slowly make my way toward the front, took the open seat, and held onto anything that was within my reach.

     "Do you need to throw up?" Gadget asked with some concern. I shook my head. "Just...keep your eyes forward please."

     "Never been in space?"

     I nodded. "As you have never driven a shuttle before, I take this is your first time too?" He hummed while nodding his head, before pushing up his glasses. As we came closer to the rounded structure known as the Death Egg, I had some questions for the doctor. Why put your face on it? There is no reason to do so.

     Eventually, we landed on the outskirts of the Death Egg. I was more surprised when I was able to breathe out here. That is the only thing I will thank the doctor for.

     As Gadget walked out of the shuttle and closed the door, the shuttle then fell into space. Floating out of our reach. Gadget turned to me with tears trapped in his eyes. Before he could apologize, I stopped him. "It is fine. The others are getting a shuttle to pick us up. It will be fine. I did not like that one anyway." The wolf sighed in relief before asking, "So, what now?"

     As I pulled up a map of the place, the echidna talked through our earpiece. "Remember: All you have to do is sneak, grab Sonic, and get out while we cause a distraction getting a shuttle. Don't get caught."

     "On it!" Gadget said with confidence, ready to save this blue hedgehog. "Connect me with Tails, please," I requested.

     "Tails here! What's up?"

     "Are there any signs of the doctor knowing we are here? What level of security is he taking?" I asked as I scanned the small numbered keypad on the wall next to a door. I checked my wristband to see a number combination. I pressed in the numbers before the little screen above glowed green saying 'accepted'. Just as the door slid open, Tails responded. "Eggman has no idea you're in the Death Egg, but the security is kind of tight. Be careful when turning corners. And from where you are, you're taking the easy lane to a computer to look for Sonic's location."

     "Thank you, little fox. That's what I want to hear. Making our way there now."

     "Once again, be careful and don't get caught," the echidna repeated.

     "I was not the one who got caught by the doctor's Spy-Crawler," I spat out before I ended the call, leaving the commander in silence. I turned around to see Gadget shaking. "Are you alright?"

     He nodded and gulped. "Just...nervous."

     I smiled at him before grabbing a hold of his wrist and started jogging forward. "Well, push it aside, Gadget. We got a blueberry to save. Just follow my orders and we will be safe."

-

     After many turns and small distractions, we finally made it to the computer Tails mentioned. I quietly made it to the computer and started typing the keys, skipping through some information on the database.