𝟏𝟐, sᴏʙᴇʀ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜs.

treacherous,
chapter twelve.

✧˖°࿐·̩͙✧ BELLAMY GILMORE sat happily at Emily Gilmore's vanity, her hair being wrapped around a hot curling iron

˖°·̩͙BELLAMY GILMORE sat happily at Emily Gilmore's vanity, her hair being wrapped around a hot curling iron. she sat next to Rory, who didn't look nearly as excited.

     maybe it was because her hair dresser had pulled her hair back into a top bun — the idea of a top bun made Bell shudder. "look what i found"

     "ooo, tiara!" Emily walked behind bell, holding a silver crown embedded with jewels.

     the girl felt like a princess. she didn't exactly know why she was there, nor why her grandmother had insisted on dressing them up. but she didn't mind.

     "tiara?"

Bell laughed at Rory's confusion, before sending her a look. "don't question it, live in the moment" she instructed, knowing better than to ask her grandma questions that she won't get a straight answer to. instead she knew she'd find out eventually, and go with the flow.

"you know, i actually bought this one for you when you turned six" Emily told Bell, a proud smile on her lips as she admired her granddaughter in the mirror after placing it on her head.

the girl widened her eyes, "really?" the surprise in her voice was made clear by a slight crack, Rory couldn't help but watch Bell with furrowed brows.

she couldn't understand why Bellamy always acted as if nobody liked her — everybody liked her. why couldn't she see that?

"mhm. i took you shopping and you couldn't take your eyes off of this one, so later that day i had Elly go back and buy it. so that one day, i could give it to you" she held back her tears, placing her hand on her shoulder where Emily's was resting.

"it's beautiful, grandma. six year old me had exquisite taste, i've gotta say" she joked.

Emily nodded, "i have to agree." she then went back and grabbed the other tiara, "i got this one for you, Rory" she said and held out a simple silver crown.

"are you sure you want me wearing all this stuff? they must be very expensive . . and, if something should happen—" the grandmother cut Rory off, "— nothing's going to happen. and yes, you look exactly the way i want my granddaughter's to look to all out guests. shall we?"

Bell nodded. "please, i need a drink"

"non-alcoholic, i assume you're referring to?"

"right"