𝟏𝟗, ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴜᴘ.

treacherous,
chapter nineteen.

 ✧˖°࿐·̩͙✧ THE AIR WAS HEAVY, five simple words sent her entire body into overdrive the minute her phone rang, Rory was on the other line and told her the news

˖°·̩͙THE AIR WAS HEAVY, five simple words sent her entire body into overdrive the minute her phone rang, Rory was on the other line and told her the news. "mom and Luke broke up"

breakups happened every day, this was nothing new — but it was Luke and Lorelai. they'd been destined to be together from the first day Lorelai stepped foot into his diner with two little girls holding her hands.

the door chimed, it was night time and the diner was deserted except for the man who was sat on one of his chairs with his head hung low.

he didn't even look up.

"Luke?" Bellamy knitted her eyebrows together, frowning as she walked over to the last man she ever wanted to see depressed. he looked up, surprised to hear her voice — it was clear to her that he hadn't even heard the door open.

"oh" he stood up, embarrassed that she'd seen him like this. "i came as soon as i heard" she told him. she pulled him into a hug, which he reluctantly accepted.

Luke held her like his life depended on it, as if this would be the last time he'd see her. would it be too weird? he'd just broken up with her mother.

"have you eaten? or slept? . ." Bell stared at the man with her brows furrowed, concern laced in her tone of voice as she pulled away from his hug.

he shrugged, shaking his head. "i'm fine" he lied through his teeth, he didn't want her to worry about him. she shook her head.

"come on, let's go" he looked at her in confusion. "you know, i've had my fair share of breakups — granted, it was only . . technically one — but i'm basically a pro" she told him.

"there's rules" she added, leading him up the stairs of his diner and to his apartment. "rule number one . . you lay in bed — you either watch movies, read . . anything fill your mind" Bell went over to his kitchen area, where she opened up the cabinets.

"do you have any comfort food?"

"comfort food?"

"yeah, like . . a cheap meal that you would eat as a kid, anything that made you feel better after a bad day? . ." Luke thought for a moment, "i have a can of Ravioli up there" he told her.

she nodded, her eyes landing on the lovely Chef on the can. "aha" she grabbed two cans, "you know, for a diner owner you've got no food" she huffed searching for the pots and pans.

"well all the foods kinda . . in the diner?" he stated the obvious. "still. you should stock up. you should see the mini fridge in my dorm— there's hardly any space for alco—" she cut her self off.

he didn't need to know that.

"what's the story behind the ravioli?" she asked, dumping the can into a small pot. Luke chuckled at her change of topic, enjoying her company — even if it was under these circumstances.

he sighed, thinking back to his childhood. "well, anytime i'd lose a wrestling match in high school . . i'd come home and my dad would make me ravioli, it was pretty much the only thing he wouldn't completely ruin" he told her.

Bellamy listened to his story, as she stirred the food, turning to face him. he was sat at his table, "wait so your dad didn't cook?" he shook his head.

"god no, he was terrible at it. my mom was the chef around here" Bell smiled, he rarely ever talked about his mom — she was the most sensitive topic of all. "did she teach you?"

Luke talked with his hands, "here and there" he motioned. "she left her recipe book . . after she died, i kind of had to step up. cause dad had the store to run and liz was off with her boyfriends . ."

"but he always made me ravioli"

the food was finally done, and Bell poured it into two bowls — she couldn't let him eat alone . . plus she was starving. and she hadn't had ravioli since she was ten.

she grabbed two spoons, and took them both to the table, "rule number two — comfort. food."

lastly she grabbed one glass of water, and a can of coke.

"what's your comfort food?"

"what do you think?" she smiled at him. "Luke's diner; Burger and Fries." she chuckled. "now eat up, food's the best way to heal your heart"

Luke did as told, he didn't expect her to do all of this . . but he was appreciative, nonetheless. "that stuff's gonna kill you" he told her, watching as she chugged the ice cold coca-cola.

"i eat greasy food all day, every day — i think a small can of soda is the least of my problems"

      "and honestly, i think the cigarettes will do a much better job at it. but who knows"

 but who knows"

it's short.
i'm sorry its been so long
but here's a little luke/lorelai breakup filler🥲
i've never been through a breakup
ily

cherry