𝟏𝟖, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʙɪʀᴅ.

treacherous,
chapter eighteen.

 ✧˖°࿐·̩͙✧ THE LIGHT OF THE REFRIGERATOR gleamed upon the pair, she wore his white tee shirt that fell just below her underwear line as she swayed with her head against his chest and his hands firmly placed on her back

˖°·̩͙THE LIGHT OF THE REFRIGERATOR gleamed upon the pair, she wore his white tee shirt that fell just below her underwear line as she swayed with her head against his chest and his hands firmly placed on her back.

      "i like dancing with you" he noted, realizing he'd never been much of a fan — it always seemed more like an obligation, but whenever he was with her, he never felt like he had to do something.

      he never had to prove himself.

      soft music played in the background, they were supposed to be looking for something to eat, but somehow she managed to get him to stop and start dancing with her.

her playlists were all over the place, much like her constant headspace — so what started out with rock and roll ended up with them slow dancing with tears in her eyes.

not because she was sad, but because of the music. and how completely content she felt in that very moment.

"did you like it on our first date?" she joked, lifting her head up to watch his reaction. just as she'd expected, his eyes glistened as the corner of his lips began to curve. her heart skipped a beat, continuing to sway as she admired him.

"i did" he admitted, "oh, please. you practically begged me to stop dancing" she laughed. "well that's not true at all. you asked if i wanted to stop dancing, i was happy either way"

      she squinted her eyes at him, unable to hide the smile that she couldn't seem to wipe off her face. "any time i get to spend with you, i'm happy"

      "you're cheesy"

      Logan let out a laugh, knowing that was true. but it didn't change the fact that he meant every word. "you know, i told you you would be my girlfriend one day"

      many, many times.

      "did you?"

      "i did"

      "am i?" she teased.

      "one of many" she smacked his arm, earning the laugh from him once more. "will you be my girlfriend, Bellamy Rose Gilmore?"

      she pretended to think, humming to herself as she looked up to the ceiling. "i'd have to break it off with Kyle and Sam. ." she trailed off as if it was the hardest decision she'd made all year.

      this time he playfully pinched her side, earning a squeal. "i'd be happy to be your girlfriend, Logan-no-middle-name- Huntzberger"

      he brought her in for a long kiss, no movement — just the sweet embrace of two people in love.

"you know why i call you Birdie?" he asked when they pulled apart.

she shook her head.

"the first time we met, Mitchum had Pete drop me off at Alexander's, and you were there — you and Kitty were in the backyard, she was sitting there playing with her dog, and you were on the other side bawling your eyes out"

she let out a chuckle, remembering exactly what he was talking about. "you were crying, because the day before a bird had fell from it's nest with a hurt wing. you were convinced you could help it — you did everything in your power to fix it's wing. and right before i showed up, it had flown away."

"you had so much love and compassion for such a small little bird. most people find birds useless and annoying, but you . . you just wanted it to be happy, and you helped it get back to its life."

she smiled, and looked up at him again.

he stared at her with a look of admiration. she wasn't used to that look, it melted every last bit of what was left of her heart.

"you're my bird. anytime i'm stressed, or need someone . . i look for you. your kindness, your compassion. it's everything i've ever dreamed of"

a tear dropped down her cheek, his words . . meant more to her than he'd ever know. all her life, she'd been disappointed left and right.

     but that was something he had never done.

     the way he looked at her, his eyes were soft. he scanned her face, taking in her reaction. she was his bird, and he had healed not only her wing — but her heart.

and that was incredibly terrifying.

for the both of them.

but this moment, right here. was worth all the heartbreak in the world.

sobs!!!super short but i didn't feel like adding another part to this chapter would look good i feel like that in itself is solid and like crucial idk

sobs!!!
super short but i didn't feel like adding another part to this chapter would look good
i feel like that in itself is solid and like crucial idk

do we like gracie or mischa as bellamy?

mischa's the og and i miss her lots but i love gracie as bell so idk so lmk!!

who do see her more as??

( or do you picture her as someone completely different?? let me know!!:) )