CHAPTER 40: DARK KNIGHT GUILD

"H–how is this possible... how is it possible!?" the captain stuttered as he spoke, with a shocked expression.

In front of him was a girl who looked no older than ten. She's downed in a white nightgown that had been stained red. He could not understand how a little girl could have done this, but as soon as he met her gaze, he knew that the thing standing in front of him wasn't a child but a terrifying monster. His instinct to survive kicked in quickly.

<QUICK STEP>

*WHOOSH*

The captain jumped through the window, which was on the second floor. Escaping quickly after he landed.

After watching the intruder jump out, Helena walks up to the window, looks out, and noticed how the intruder landed on the ground without receiving injury despite jumping from the second floor.

"Huh? I guess falling from this height is nothing for a second-class grandmaster."

[ARE YOU JUST GOING TO LET HIM ESCAPE?]

Alpha questioned, as it wondered why the host let the intruder escape.

"Well... if you want to catch a bigger fish, you have to set a bait."

Helena said with a smirk as she turns her gaze toward the dead intruder.

[I THINK I REMEMBER YOU SAYING YOU WOULD NEVER KILL A HUMAN.]

"... Yes, I did. But I changed my mind. I realized that unlike my previous world, where it was peaceful and soft, this world is different. And If I want to accomplish my goals, I have to adapt to the rules of this world to survive."

Helena spoke in a stoic tone, as she turns around and runs toward the window before jumping out and saying.

"Alpha equip 'ARMOR OF ALTAIR."

[ARMOR OF ALTAIR HAS BEEN EQUIPPED.]

—----------------------------------------

OUTER CAPITAL CITY OF GIGGADON EMPIRE.

INSIDE RED EYE PUB. UNDERGROUND SECRET BASE.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Come."

*CREAK*

The door opens and two large men dragged in the escaped intruder who looked almost lifeless from torture.

The man seated behind a desk stood up from his seat and walked in front of his desk. He takes a cigar out from his suit pocket, lights it, and takes a smoke.

"Puff... so, what is this about?" He questioned as he exhaled smoke from his mouth.

"Boss, this idiot failed to finish the job. So, we roughed him up a little."

One of the men answered.

"He failed... haha. No. 600 I heard that you failed to complete your mission. So, what mission was so hard you could not complete? Huh?"

The boss questioned as he walks up to No.600 who was lying on the floor, And steps on his head.

"Ahh... mons–monster, in the cas – tle, must escape."

No. 600 mumbled, causing his words to be incomprehensible.

"What was that? monster? What the hell is this idiot saying? Tch, useless."

*BANG*

The boss said as he kicks No.600 in the stomach and turns his gaze to his desk, walks to it, and picks up a bell sitting on it, and rings it.