Chapter 10

Hi! This story is getting quite popular on Wattpad so I pushed myself to get you guys another chapter. I'm so sorry it's short. :( Not gonna lie, since it's been quite a while since I've updated, it's kinda hard for me to continue. I get unsure of what to write so small little chapters are what I can do now. I hope you guys will understand and support me. I do appreciate all your reviews! It really helps me and pushes me to write more as I write for all of you guys.

I don't own anything.

Chapter 10

"Again"

Namiki huffed as sweat dripped down her face. Blinking rapidly in hopes of chasing the tears away. Everything hurts and was familiar.

She gasped as she flew backward, her sword clanging against the wall and fell next to her. The weapon she had made with her power was now flickering and soon disappeared. Try as she may, Namiki couldn't pick herself up no matter how hard she tried. She clenched her eyes shut as footsteps came to her and paused in front of her hands. He bent down, slamming his sword down by her head, causing her to jolt in fear.

"Lost like you've gotten weak since the last time," Dr. Yukki commented in a gentle voice. Namiki kept her eyes on the floor. It wasn't like she could answer him anyway.

"You know.." Dr. Yukki gently petted her hair, combing the slight sweat away, "Everything we do is for your safety." Namiki shook her head slightly, anger spreading across her chest.

That's what they've always told her. At first, she believed in them...until she found out the truth. She was never created for life, instead, she was made for war.

Her eyes widened in pain as Dr. Yukki pulled her eyes to his level. He smiled at her, warmth in his eyes. With his silver hair - not much different than her own- cool blue eyes, and warm smile, he was the picture of love and trust. But underneath the placid smile, there lived a much crueler man who would stop at nothing in raising the perfect weapon. After all, he was created to make her stronger than him. In a way, everything he did was truly for her. He always did tell her she was his favorite.

"I'm sorry dearie," he whispered, "but the world is a cruel place."

Namiki thought about Damian, Dick, Tim, Jason, Bruce, and Alfred.

No, it's more beautiful than anything.

"I should know," He gently put her down, picking up his sword and placing it in front of her crouched form, "I made the same mistake."

And he swung.

----------------------------

3 week later

"I found something!" Tim jumped out of his chair. Within a second, Damian and Dick raced to him.

"Explain," Damian said. Tim rolled his eyes, of course not a single thank you from him.

"How a thank you," He grumbled out but zoomed in on his newfound information.

"Anyway, I hacked into the main system and was able to find a spreadsheet containing the different children in their bases. Surprisely, they had a leak in their system if you can believe it." Tim explained, his hand shaking towards the screen, "though I'm not sure how accurate it is since it has been a year since they've updated."

"Nice going, Tim" Dick clapped his younger brother's back, a proud smile spreading over his face. Tim smiled, "But according to it, it looks like she's located in Tohoku, Japan."

Damian shook his head, "That's not possible. How could she have possibly traveled all the way from there to Gotham?"

Tim shrugged, "Maybe she got some kind of power? After all, Jin Serie is a research center that alters the genes of children. There's no telling how they messed her up." Dick nodded in agreement, remembering the fear in the girl's eyes and the books flying around her.