Chapter 5: Other Birds

Disclaimer: I do not own anything except OC

Chapter 5: Other birds

Dog

Cat

Bird

Ice Cream

Bluish-purple eyes look at the hand position in the books and try to imitate it herself, smiling in satisfaction when she got it right. Stacks of books surrounded her, each opened, each in different subjects. Even more books were placed carefully on her shelves, all of the ones on the shelves were the ones she had already mastered.

One of the only good things they have done for me

My brain is unparalleled to the average brain

Namaiki flips through pages after pages, books after books, devouring them like fire devours forest, leaving nothing behind.

I'm gonna work hard

So Damian... And

I can...

A faint flush ran through Namaiki's cheeks, she covered her face with her hands, embarrassed and not wanting any to get a glimpse of her flush even though she was alone in her room.

Wahh!

Don't get ahead of yourself

Knock Knock

"May I come in?" Damian's voice rang clear to her as she scrambles off her floor and runs to open her door for him. However, she misjudged her weight as she twisted her door open and tripped on her feet as her eye widened with the floor meeting her face.

Ahh...

Namiki squeezed her eyes shut, preparing for the floor. Instead, arms came around her waist, halting her fall. Cold eyes stared down at her as Damian set her upright.

"Still the clumsy fool, I see. Though I suppose it pleases me to see you make such haste for me," Damian commented, smirking at the flush spreading through Namaiki's face. Since Namaiki has been a permanent resident in Wayne Manor, Damian has found the pleasure of teasing her whenever she can. It was payback after the embarrassment that she caused him after he woke up finding her sleeping next to him with her head on his shoulder, he had nearly shoved her off but somehow controlled himself. He had to endure the torture that Bruce had caused him for days because of it.

Damian looked behind her and "hmm", seeing scatter books around her room.

Did you finally learn something? Damian signed with his hand. Namaiki stared his hand comprehending before replying with her own hand.

I memorized everything, I just need to... Namaiki paused for a moment as she went through her memory for the sign for the right words, there were simply too many for her to memorize even if she had a photographic memory. It's like having an entire library in your head, you may have all the facts in your head, however, you still have to go back to review everything.

Damian watched her as she continued to think before a light ball came to Namamiki as she finished her sentence.

Practice.

At least you're better than last time, though I suppose I was not perfect myself. Damian replied, in all, he was actually surprised by her learning speed as when he was learning sign language, he had to increase his speed to make sure he was on the same pace as her. Her learning comprehension rivals his and may even surpass his, though he was never going to admit that.