Chapter 2: Name part 2

To Damian and the Mute girl 

Chapter 2: Name part 2

A tick mark was visible as Damian walked around. Damian was annoyed, very annoyed right now. This was not his first at being annoyed, but this time he was annoyed at someone. Particularly a mute girl wouldn't seem to stop following him like a cat deprived of attention. His annoyance only grew as he continued to walk and could feel her follow him silently with light quiet steps, quiet, but still loud enough for him to hear her. He was raised to be a ruler over the world after all.

He quickened his steps and heard her steps speed up to match his pace. He finally seemed to have enough and spun around to find her hiding behind a vase. He walked over and picked her up from her collar and leaned close to face and growled.

"What do you want." It was more of a statement than a question.

The girl in his grasp pulled something out of her pocket from her frilly dress that Bruce had bought for her, she brought out a piece of paper and showed it to him.

I wish for you to name me.

A name for me

Damian glanced over the piece before scoffing and setting her back on the ground gently, but not too gently as he didn't want her to get the wrong idea about him.

"Are you deaf as well as being mute. I have told you countless times that I have no desire to giving you a name. What gives you the idea that this time will be different."

She only continued to look at him with those mystic purple bluish eyes with a hint of sadness and desire. Her head lowered for a moment before she raised them with defiance and pressed the piece of paper to his chest with a bit force that caused him to back up for a moment.

Damian was annoyed before, but now he was angry. Angry at her for thinking she can do whatever she wants and her stealing attention from his father. It was bad enough that his father seems to love his fake siblings better him, but this girl was the final straw. He was sick of looking at his father buying new outfits for her and asking him to be nice to her because she needs him to help her adjust to her new surroundings. He was sick of her thinking that everyone has to listen and do whatever she wants them to do, like making him giving her a name.

Who does she think she is, taking over everything in his life and still desire something from him.

"Who do you think you are thinking you're so special! You're just a wretch that I regret from rescuing. I should have left you there. Would have been less inconvenient to me." Damian stared at her with loathing, watching with a small bit of something tugging at him as he saw her face grew pale and her small body started to tremble. He regretted no word that came from his mouth. Why should he, ever since she was here, things have been a little different, and he didn't like it. He didn't like the feelings that arose from him whenever he looked at her, it was uncomfortable, and he hated with every bit of his soul.

Slap!

A resounding slap filled the air as the mute girl was looked sad before now had a furious look on her face with a single tear falling down. Damian's eyes widen at the shock of her actually raising her hand against him and the fact he had not dodge it. This girl was no ordinary girl, being able to slap Damian without him dodging was something not many people could accomplish.

Before Damian could register his actions, he grabbed the girl's spindly arm roughly and twisted her around so that her arms were now twisted behind her back painfully causing the girl's face to grimace at the pain. He leaned down to her ear and whispered harshly.