INTRODUCTION

Klover Van Laken is a 26 years old woman. She is blonde, with pretty blue eyes, a perfect nose and perfect pink lips. Her skin is always slightly tanned and her hair are long and shiny. She could be compared to a barbie.

She is the cousin of Jill Roord (from her dad's side) and Lynn Wilms (from her mom's side). She considers them as her sisters. She has a strong bond particulary with Jill as they are the same age and Jill had always support Klover and especially after the "accident".

When Klover was five she had to live at Jill's place and that's how she began to play football. She find in football a stress relief and a place where nothing else matters than put the ball in the net and that was exactly what she needed. Jill starts to make her play football in her garden against her brothers and in the little club of Oldenzaal. At the age of 11 Klover and Jill started to play for the F.C Twente and Klover was the best striker of the team. The two of them was also selected to play for they're country and they excelled. When Klover was 16 years old, a video of a perfect goal caught the eye of Jean-Michel Aulas, president of the Olympique Lyonnais. After a long discussion with Jill's parents and herself, Klover was on her way for Lyon with a great scolarship and a place in the OL's first team.

When she first entered the training pitch the young player was completely amazed. Here was the biggest player on earth and she was going to play with them. The first one to approach her was the defender Wendie Renard and the forward Eugénie Le Sommer. These two women became Klover's mentors and they were inseparable.

Klover start to train and live like a real athlete and she became an exceptional player. OL received great offers for Klover but neither her nor the club wanted Klover to leave. At the age of 21, Klover was the first ever woman to win the Ballon d'Or and at these days she is still the youngest to have win one.

But Klover had demons since the "accident". She is consumed by guilt and her mind has always reflected on her physique. She has trouble to eat, to sleep and when she is under too much stress it's like she let herself die. And that's what happens after winning the champions league, the French cup and the Ballon d'Or. She was on cloud nine but then the medias started to ask her everywhere, for everything, she didn't have anymore time for herself. And she spent one week to eat two cereal bar a day and sleep one hour and half at night.

So, this friday night, she was tired and helpless on her blacony and her demons came to remind her the "accident", they came to make her feel the guilt, feel the fear, feel the loneliness and they told her to jump.

Klover woke up in a hospital bed four days later, in the middle of the night and she could remember everything . At her right Jill and Lynn was sleeping against the wall, on the floor, Eugénie was sleeping too, the head on the bed and her hand in mine. But on the left, in a chair in the corner which was giving the impression that she was in front of her, Wendie was sitting straight, with a hard look on her face. The first thing that Wendie said wasn't a "are you alright?" or a "how do you feel" it was a harsh "why?" and with a single tear falling from her eyes, Klover answer an "I'm sorry but the voices have taken over". At these moment Wendie knew that Klover needed help and she was feeling guilty that she never saw it or that Klover never felt safe enough with her to talk about it.

In the morning everybody started to wake up and they smothered Klover with their questions and affectionate gestures. When they asked what happened, Klover looked at Wendie and lied saying she had trip over because of how clumsy she is and because they know that she is clumsy, nobody found it really strange. When the doctor came in, everyone stepped away from Klover and the doctor could anounce her that she had a cerebral commotion and a broken spine which was a miracle, because falling from the fourth floor was usually deathly.

When she was allowed to leave the hospital, Wendie insisted to take care of her so she take Klover back at her place... with Jill because she didn't want to live Klover side until she saw her walk again. Something that was done four months later with a lot of lows but a lot of highs to. Now that she was able to walk at least because there was some road to do for the running part, Wendie decided to talk to Klover of the fact that she needs to see a psychologist. And after hours and hours of talking, Klover collapsed, in tears, in Wendie's arms, telling her everything about the "accident", how she felt about it and that maybe she needed help.

Five months later, Klover was running and she was finally able to have a ball at her feet again. She talked to the club with Wendie about the fact that she has some trouble for eating, for falling asleep and that she didn't feel very well in her mind. Jean-Michel Aulas took her very seriously and hired the best psychologist of Lyon. And with her regular session of talking and the training, Klover was back on the field after one year and a half of injury.

Even if Klover came back great, she wasn't the best anymore. A certain midfielder in spain was making Klover's comeback as the number one particulary difficult. Klover saw the beautiful woman took her place on the stage to receive the Ballon d'Or, the Best and many other trophies. Klover was now second and at Jill suprise, Klover took it particulary well but Jill knew why after being kicked-out in semi final of the UWCL. Even if they lost, Jill and Lynn really wanted to celebrate the return of Klover at a UWCL final and during that night Klover admit that, even if they have never talk, she has a huge crush on the number one of woman football.

No matter how huge her crush on the new Ballon d'Or was, Klover analysed and trained a lot to tried to beat one the best team of Europe. But even if Klover have score a hat-trick on the first half of the final, when Klover came back from the locker to start the second half, she knew that it wasn't finish and that Barcelona could make a great comeback.

And she was amazed. She was amazed by the goal the famous midfielder scored. She was amazed by her concentration and her desire to win. She was amazed of all the fans chanting her name like they have done for Messi. And Klover was even more amazed by the technique, the precision, the passion the barca femeni played with. But Klover's heart shattered in millions tiny pieces when the whistle sounded and when she saw her rival let herself down, crying in the middle of the pitch. At that exact moment Klover felt something that she knows very well but that she never felt in football: the guilt. She felt guilty to take away the trophy to that amazing team, she felt guilty to crush the dream of these girls but the most important is that she felt nothing when they put her gold medal around her neck, she felt nothing when her team lifted the trophy. She just felt guilty and sad for Barca.

She wanted to talk about it but she knew that it would hurt Wendie or Eugénie too much. So she talked about it to her psychologist and the doctor told her that maybe it was a sign for her to do something new, to change her habbits, that it was maybe the time to change teams. But Klover didn't took that well, she felt like she was insulting her, like the doctor was telling her that she wasn't loyal and Klover was so hurt that she didn't go to her next sessions. So just before Klover fly in England for the Euro, Jean-Michel Aulas ask her to come see him so they can talk a little. He told her that he knew about her skipping her therapy and she revealed why she skipped it. She insisted on the fact that she was loyal and that she would never leave if he didn't want to. So the president confess to her that he will not be here next season, that he was retiring. Klover was speechless about that news so he continue, and asked her in the softly if she was interested by a team other than OL. Her answer was clear, no hesitation: "Barca".

And that is with the idea of playing with the actual best player of the world that she took the defeat against her former teammates really good.

_________________________

Hi! This is the first chapter of my first ever story. I have never wrote in my life but thought that it would be a good idea to clear my head.

I'm sorry but english is not my first language.

PS: For this story, Alexia has done her ACL but during Klover's own injury.