11. Mr Poulsy Part2

When she was allowed to leave the hospital, Chantal explained to her that she will be living with the Roord now. Klover, who was sitting in the back of the car next to Jill didn't answer. Since Jill told her that her mother was not alive anymore, Klover hasn't talked once and she didn't let go of Mr Poulsy. And Jill barely let Klover's hand go too.

The next day, someone came at the Roord's house.

"Hi! I'm doctor Juline Bakker, I'm a child psychologist. The court had send me here to analyze the different traumas of Klover Van Laken in preparation for the trial."

Doctor Bakker installs herself on the couch asking Jill's parents how the little girl is reacting for now.

"Klover is not well but we don't know if she remembers something because she doesn't talk since she woke up from her injuries"

The Doctor is left in Jill's room with Klover. The little girl is sitting on Jill's bed still whit her Mr Poulsy in hand.

"Hi Klover! My name is Juline and I'm here to help you" the doctor presents herself but she has no answer.

"It's a beautiful teddy bear that you have here, what's his name?" No answers.

The doctor stays for an hour trying to make Klover talk but nothing works. When the Doctor go back in the living room, Jill runs to her room and takes her football. Seeing her taking it, Klover jumps off the bed and follow Jill to the garden. The doctor saw the two girls passing and she looks through the window to see Klover, still not talking but putting her teddy bear next to their "pitch" and starts playing with her cousins, with Jill's big brother in the goal. The doctor can see a small smile on Klover's lips when she scores a goal and Jill comes to celebrate with her.

"That's the only time you can see her smile" Jill's mother says to the doctor.

The next day, when the doctor came back, she decided to play football with Klover. But the little girl didn't want to play. Instead she was just looking between Juline, the football and Jill who was watching behind the window. She still had her teddy bear in hand and Klover didn't want to let him go.

The doctor decides to let Jill come with them understanding that she was Klover north star. With Jill, Klover was feeling more confident and the three of them have passed one hour to play football. For the first time the doctor heard a sound escaping from Klover's mouth, a sweet giggle when Klover have nutmegged the doctor.

During 2 weeks Juline when to the Roord's place only to play football because the more she was playing the more Klover was feeling safe around her and she knew that she will make her talk.

When the doctor came at the Roord's house this day, it was raining a lot. Jill's mom tell the doctor that the girls are playing in Jill and Klover's room.

"Hi Juline" Jill's says when she see the doctor came into the room after knocking

"Hi girls"

Jill looks at Klover who whispers a small "Hallo" to the doctor. Normally she would have told Jill to let her alone with Klover but seeing this she decides to let Jill be with them.

"Klover how are you?" Juline asks and Klover shows her thumbs up in answer.

"Do you think that we can talk a little?"

"About what?" Jill's asks the doctor

"I need your cousin to tell me how she feels"

"She doesn't talk about that... but she can show you" Jill says, Klover blushing next to her

"Can you show me Klover?" Juline asks the little girl

Klover takes Mr Poulsy and wait.

"You can ask her any question that you want about the "accident" and she will show you" Jill clarifies the situation

"Okay, can you show me how your mother was with you?"

Klover takes Mr Poulsy in her arms and she hug him and kiss him a lot everywhere with a big smile on her face.

The doctor takes note of what she is seeing and asks the little girl

"And can you show me how your father was with you?"

The smile fade away, the little girl looks scared but she takes her teddy bear and she makes him frown, she makes him look like he was shouting at her and she makes Mr Poulsy hit her.

The doctor swallowed at seeing this.

"Can you show me what was your mother job?"

Klover takes Mr Poulsy and she put him an apron of a doll and Mr Poulsy became a waitress, serving the dolls around the girls.

"And what was your father job?"

Mr Poulsy was back with his frown as if he was drinking and sniffing.

"And what happened the night of the accident Klover?"

Klover takes Mr Pouls's arms, and slide it against Jill's throat. Jill falls on the floor but keeping her eyes open to not disturb her cousin. Klover starts shaking in all directions llike it was the teddy bear doing it and then she lift her shirt, puts herself on the floor and the arm of the teddy bear starts hitting every scars that the little girl has on her body. The doctor counts. Seventeen. There is seventeen scars on this tiny body.

Klover stops, puts her shirt back and looks at the doctor who nods her head.

The doctor continue to come for one week and after that it's the trial. The doctor insisted to the judge that Klover not attend the trial but the judge refused.

So when Klover came into the court, the first person she sees it's her dad, in a orange outfit, his face pale but not scary like she remembered.

"Hi baby" His dad say softly something that Klover has never heard coming from him.

She is so confused that she doesn't think it's actually her dad. Klover sits and the trial starts but she was only looking at her dad.

The doctor starts talking to explaining all of Klover's traumas and Adriaan Van Laken was crying. Klover never saw her dad cried. In fact she never saw him without his bottle in hand or is bag of cocaine. For the first time her dad looked like a dad.

When it was his turns to speak, Adriaan sit down and he never denied what he has done but he also never stop crying for what he has done.

It was the moment of the verdict and Adriaan Van Laken's sentence was life in prison. When the policemen take him away, he was still crying and his eyes were on his daughter, his beautiful and perfect baby that he completely broke. When he pass Klover, Adriaan stops and everybody too.

"I'm so sorry baby, I love you so much Klover and I always be proud of you"

After this, Adriaan was taken away and Klover never saw or speak to her dad again.