Metaphorical bruises

It didn't take much longer for us to all lose track of time, totally intoxicated by the alcohol, struggling to function. Kris was the last to fall under the influence, having taken it much slower than us. He'd been the best at the drinking game, hence, he hadn't done as many shots.

'Jan, where the fuck are my cigs?' Bojan asked, making his way towards us and pointing his finger accusingly.

'I don't fucking know.' He threw his hands up in total cluelessness. I giggled loudly.

'Don't tell me you've been letting her steal them all.' Bojan looked to me now, and I mocked surrender.

'Do I look like I smoke to you?' I punched him gently in the stomach and started laughing again.
He walked away a few seconds later, lagging behind real time by a few moments.

'Someone should pass me another beer.' I muttered, changing my position to rest my head on Jan's legs.

'Someone shouldn't.' he slurred. 'You're gone enough already.' I frowned.

'I've drank jack shit.'

'Metulj, you're not even looking at me.'

'You're drunk too.' I fought. 'Fine, I'll get my own then.'

As I sat up, stars clouded my vision, different shapes and colours filling my eyes with burning sensations. 'Fuck.'

'Lilia, lie back down.' Jan hurried to my side, grasping my waist tightly to hold me up. His touch produced ripples of pleasure which vibrated along my hip.

'No, hold me like this.' I turned my head towards him, suddenly seeing clear. I felt my expression melt at the sight of him, my forehead loosening, my eyes unsure of where to look. They fleeted from his hair, to his lips, to where his hand pressed against me. I took the opportunity to move my hand from where it clutched the sofa to wrap around the back of his neck for extra support. My legs began to quiver, a secondary effect from the lack of iron, and I just knew Jan would try to hurry me off to bed if he noticed. I rested the side of my face into his collarbone, where his body heat warmed me gently, as a distraction. Okay, fine, that was an excuse - I did just want to be closer to Jan.

'Do you want me to hurt myself getting another can, or do you want to pass me one?' I whispered up into his ear, attempting to be seductive but just sounding like a hot, drunk mess.

'Neither. Don't try to move, you're vulnerable.' I felt his grip on me intensify as he slowly started to soothe and stroke the dip where my waist caved in, his touch igniting my desires and almost making me forget my goal.

'Or what?' I challenged. I gave up on trying to sound sexy, it clearly wasn't working. Maybe a more flirty approach would distract him for long enough for me to bolt for a beer? Worth a shot. My eyes were half on the prize, half unfocused, mainly due to the alcohol, but also partly due to how uneasy Jan made me feel with a single second of contact.

'Wouldn't you love to find out, lokvanj.' He made eye contact with me, looking deep into my pupils. I batted my eyelashes gently, giving him my biggest puppy stare. Sure, it felt stupid, but if it got me a can then I did not care one bit.

'Maybe I do.' I trailed my fingers around his shirt, in an attempt to distract him from rubbing his hand against my waist, just enough that he would loosen his grip and I would be able to make a break for it. Within a few seconds, my intense gaze had gotten too much for him, and he began to fluster. He broke our contact, hands dropping to the sofa, as his irises fleeted between my lips and body.

Now.

I scrambled out of the chair, bounding towards the table like a mad dog, laying my hands on the lukewarm can that was closest to me.