-6-

This time around, I took a little detour before visiting the Psych-Ward. I got many confused glances when I unlocked those heavy, white swinging doors. The corridor was an ugly cream color, snarls immediately being heard when I entered.

These cages were a bit different. They seemed to have smaller doors where the food was put in, and a panel full of different colored buttons on the side. Those better be, like, party options and not what I think they are.

I stopped outside the cage that was snarling the loudest, glancing at the information chart. Sanemi: Anger issues, violent, younger brother, non-adoptable. Age: 24. Of course he's even more of a hot-head than his brother.

I ripped off the covering, not shocked when an arm instantly shot out to swipe at me. I caught his wrist gently, but firm enough to halt his movements. I watched his small, purple eyes widen in shock before he stiffened. My eyes turned soft as he braced for getting hurt. Soothingly, I rubbed his wrist bone, kissing it before releasing his arm. His eyes widened at my actions, standing there almost as if he was boneless.

"Hello, Sanemi." I greeted, smiling.

He snarled. "The hell do you want?"

"To adopt you." He opened his mouth to probably say some sarcastic reply, but it hung loosely open when he seemed to comprehend what I said.

"What?" He snapped, crossing his arms over his chest. I just now noticed how scarred his body was, the two most prominent crosses as an X on his chest. He has small windy symbols on his entire body, two horns protruding from his temples. His hair was an unruly, messy white, the top covering two more scars on his forehead, one scar running from his cheek, across his nose, and almost completely to the other side of his face. "Oi, stop fuckin' starin'. I know they're ugl-"

"Gorgeous. They look like an intricate piece of art." I mumbled, still focused on his body. I saw him shy away, glancing up to his face to see him hiding his flushed cheeks. "Cute."

"Hah? I'm not fuckin' cute!" He argued, slamming his hand against the bars. "Do you know how many people I've killed in cold blood?"

I shrugged. "They probably deserved it. I let your brother eat this one nurse yesterday because she stabbed him."

He opened his mouth again, pausing. He gave me a very calculated look. "Genya's still here?"

"No." I answered, seeing him sigh in disappointment. "He's at my home with my other three kiddos."

His head snapped to mine. "You're lying."

"You can't tell." I countered. "However, if you come back with me... I could show you. Prove it to you."

"I ain't goin' back with a human. I ain't gettin' adopted." He stated firmly. "Who knows what kinda experiments you'll do on me when I get out? Maybe even worse than the ones in here. To hell if you're thinkin' I'm gonna let another human control me."

I don't want to control you... and I'm not human.

"You... get experimented on?" I asked in a calm anger.

He huffed, leaning against the back of his cell, opting to not answer me. I nodded once, reaching in my pocket and pulling out a small photo of Genya I had taken the night before, leaving it just inside his cell. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

I heard rustling as soon as I was far enough away from him, sensing him picking up the photo. I smile when I sense a feeling of sorrow- longing maybe. He doesn't hate you, Tiger...

I successfully made my way to the Psych-Ward, shocked to see two kids casually sitting in the middle of a bloodied floor, simply talking to each other. "Well, hello there?"

Both their heads snapped one glaring at me whilst the other one's eyes lit up. They're twins!

Inwardly cooing at their cuteness, I noticed how their black hair faded to teal at the ends- and their hair was very long. They both had horns on the side of their heads that came to wrap around in front of them, their eyes being similar to Genya's when I first saw him. The only difference was one kid had more of these cloud-like markings on his body than the other.

"You're the nice girl that took Genya home!" The one with shining eyes exclaimed, standing and running towards me with a smile

"You're the nice girl that took Genya home!" The one with shining eyes exclaimed, standing and running towards me with a smile. I was just a tad shocked when he hugged me tightly, smothering his face into my stomach. He turned his head up to me, chin digging into me, but I didn't care. It's not my legs so it doesn't hurt. "Can you take us home with you?"

"Muichiro, no!" The other one snapped, standing a ways away and glaring at me harshly. "What if she hurts us?"

I opened my mouth to explain everything, only for Muichiro to pout at his brother. "But, Onii-chan... She's adopted three other kids! I'd rather be with her than here."

My gaze softened, combing my fingers through his hair and rubbing his scalp softly. A soft rumble was heard in the room, and felt against my stomach, too. I looked down with shining eyes, dropping to my knees- ignoring the pain- and placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Did you just purr?" I asked, my eyes wide at his cuteness.

"Hm? Oh, probably." He shrugged, wrapping himself around my body. I sighed, smiling, as I stood with him in my arms. I returned my gaze to the other twin, seeing him still off put.

"What's your name, Cranky?" I teased, seeing him glare at me for the nickname.

"Don't call me that." He demanded. "I'm not telling you."

"His name is Yuichiro," Muichiro spoke up, sticking his tongue out at his twin.

Yuichiro and Muichiro... I remember their file. Yuichiro's more aggressive and rude, also being older. Muichiro is quiet and timid. Both are 13.

"Really?!" Yuichiro yelled at him, causing Muichiro to flinch in my arms.

"Oi, lower your tone, please. You just scared him." I said softly, rubbing Muichiro's back and lulling him to sleep. Sleep that seemed to come scarily quick. I saw Yuichiro's gaze soften when Muichiro seemed to fall asleep instantly, his eyes sharpening when he met mine.

"I don't trust you." He said simply.

I nodded. "You have no reason to, but if you wish to stay with your twin, you may want to come with me. I'm taking him home today, he's too precious to leave here, and I get the feeling you two are very similar. You just have to act like the elder brother because you were born first."

He rolled his lips together once. "...I've treated him horribly-"

"To protect him?" I asked, his eyes becoming soft as he nodded hesitantly. I made my way over to him, offering a hand. "Well, now it's your time to make all that up to him. You can't do that if you're stuck in this awful place, can you?"

I didn't force him, instead just waiting until I felt his hand wrap around my fingers softly. I smiled, leading the way with two more demons in tow and ready to be shown true love.