-17-

"Okay, Sunshine. I'm trusting you to convince Inosuke to agree to come with me, but for now, I need to visit someone." I explained, walking with Tanjiro's hand in mine towards the Psych-Ward.

"Who are you going to visit?" He asked.

"My... brother." I sighed, groaning. "It's a situationship."

"But... you're related?"

"I wish I wasn't." I muttered, Tanjiro deadpanning at me.

"Mama, that's not very nice... Your brother probably still loves you lots!" Tanjiro said optimistically.

Heh... probably not. I shrugged. "Who knows?"

Pushing open the doors to the Psych-Ward, I watched Tanjiro b-line it over to the last cell, ripping the cover off of it and starting a conversation. 'Remember to call me when he's ready, or if anything happens, okay? I mean anything.'

'Yes, Mama.'

I smiled, leaving and locking the doors to the Psych-Ward just so none of the doctors or nurses could get in. I pulled out my phone, dialing Morito's number.

"Hello," I hear him greet me over the line in his annoying, chirpy tone.

"Where's your bitch ass at?" I asked, rolling my eyes at his dramatic gasp.

"YOU'RE SO MEAN TO ME NOW!" I heard him not only yell over the phone, but down a hall. I rolled my eyes, turning and seeing his back towards me. I simply hung up, fighting a snicker when he looked at his phone in betrayal. "How dare she?! To her own brother!"

"I dare," I called, failing to hide my laugh when he practically jumped 10 feet in the air. "Jumpy much?"

"Oh shut your pie-hole." Morito glared.

I sighed. "Where are those files, Morito?"

"Oh, I see how it is, I'm only good for information." I gave him a pointed look, and he looked away sheepishly, blowing a raspberry with his lips. "About those files... I may or may not have, um, like, lost them- but I know where they are?"

I deadpanned. "What the hell do you mean?"

"SoyouknowhowItoldyouthatdemonwantedtoseeyou? Well, hekindatookthefilesasleverage, sayingIwon'tgetthembackunlessyoucomegetthemyourself!" Morito rambled, but I still understood him nonetheless.

I groaned. "Yeah, that's something Sanemi would do."

"That's his name!" Morito said, causing me to shake my head and start walking towards the Non-Adoptable Ward. Morito ran after me, "Wait, Y/n! I wanted to talk to you about... Kuji..."

I slowed slightly. "...What about him?"

Morito pursed his lips, stopping and causing me to as well. "Nevermind."

"Nah, you can't do that shit to me, Mori." I snapped, not even realizing the nickname that slipped out.

"I can't tell you here... she's watching." Morito whispered, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the ward.

"She?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Mom. She runs this place. She has eyes and ears everywhere, except the wards." Morito explained.

So she was who Rengoku was talking about... I swear I'm going to slaughter that old hag.

"She knows what you're trying to do, Y/n, but she doesn't know it's you," Morito said seriously. "She's bombing the place in three days, starting with the Psych-Ward, then the Women's Ward, then this ward, and finally the Unavailable Ward."

"What...?" I asked breathlessly. "She can't do that!"

Morito looked at me sadly. "But she can. And she will. That's why I'm warning you. These demons need your help, and I believe you're the only one who can help them."

"No. There's a reason she's doing it in that order, isn't there?" I asked. Morito pursed his lips, looking away from my intense stare. "What aren't you telling me?"

"...I haven't seen Kuji for 10 years, Y/n." Morito said softly, causing me to raise a brow. "After you disappeared, he and mom got into an argument. I haven't seen him since, but I still sense him."

"What about dad?"

A few tears fell from Morito's eyes, worrying me. "Dad disappeared right after you, too, Y/n. And I don't sense him anymore... Mom went absolutely berserk after you disappeared. Dad just disappeared when she took Kuji somewhere, and forced me to work here or else I'd suffer the same fate. I think... I think she killed dad, Y/n."

Red clouded my vision, my nails sharpening involuntary and releasing my aura. I sensed the other demons' fear at that moment, causing me to instantly reel everything back under control. I breathed deeply, seeing fear written across Morito's face.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, walking deeper into the ward and towards Sanemi's cell. "I have one last question." Morito nodded. "What do you think happened to him?"

"I don't know. But I know he's alive. I could try snooping through some old files, but I'd need a very good excuse." Morito replied honestly.

I smirked. "Tell that old hag the escapee paper disappeared, Yorrichi Tsugikuni. And all the files on each ward."

"B-but that will cause her to become more suspicious of you..." Morito explained, causing me to shrug.

"Good. Maybe she'll learn she's fucking with a completely different woman and not the same child she used to control." I spat, pulling the covering down and seeing Sanemi sitting in the farthest corner, sleeping. "Try to disable as many cameras as you can, maybe release some rats in the walls."

Morito nodded, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he waved his goodbye. "Good idea. I'll keep you in the loop."

"Yeah," I replied, half paying attention to him as I knocked on the bars gently, startling Sanemi awake. "Easy there, Panther."

"You actually came," he spoke, yawning.

"You were actually sleeping." I countered, chuckling at his glare. "I was told you wanted to see me?"

I noticed how an embarrassed blush creeped up onto his cheeks, facing away from me. "I want to go home with you..."

I blinked, surprised. "Why the change of heart?"

He glared at me again before sighing. "I miss my brother, no matter how much of a pain in the ass he is." I smiled, swiping my card and unlocking his cell. He still seemed slightly shocked, but quickly appeared next to me. "Thank you..."

I waved him off. "It's nothing. I'm planning on taking the rest home, too."

'Mama, Inosuke and I kinda escaped the Psych-Ward and got Makomo out of her cell in the Women's Ward...'