-21-

The next morning I was able to convince Mitsuri to come back with me to convince her husband, Obanai, to come with her. Morito also insisted on coming with me, but I forced him to stay in the van when we got there.

I left her in the Non-Adoptable Ward after I unlocked Obanai's cell, easily dodging his swipe at me and leaving. I chuckled as Mitsuri reprimanded him for trying to hurt her 'precious angel'. I won't be known as an angel for much longer, sadly enough...

I entered the Women's Ward, taking the covering off the last cell and seeing three women cuddled together.

"Um... hey?" I said softly, their eyes instantly snapping open.

One started crying immediately, and a different one soothed her, and the last launched her arm out at me. I sighed, grabbing it before she could add any more unneeded cuts to my body.

I looked over each of them, the one crying- Suma- had blue tear-like marks all around her face, how ironic. The one soothing her- Hinatsuru- had swirl marks spread sporadically on her arms. Lastly, the one who lunged at me- Makio- had aggressive claw markings all around her body.

(A/N: no, i don't have a pic of these three. sorryyy)

"Look, I don't want to hurt any of you. I simply want to bring you and your husband back with me to my home so you can all live in peace, and not be separated from each other." I sighed, letting the girl's hand go.

All of them paused, glancing at each other. Suma was the one to speak up. "Why should we trust you?"

"I'm gonna be real with y'all, the woman in charge of this whole place is planning on bombing it." I explained, crossing my arms. "My goal is to save every last demon here. I've saved all the kids, and all the women in this ward besides you guys."

"How do you know all this?" Hinatsuru asked.

"I have allies on the inside," I shrugged. It's not lying, it's just... the partial truth. "I also know where your husband is."

"Sold. Get us out of here." Makio spoke up, smirking when I unlocked their cage.

I watched them calmly as they climbed out, waiting until they looked like they had collected themselves before offering to leave. I faced Hinatsuru, smiling softly. "Ready, Love?"

"Yes," Hinatsuru replied, grabbing Suma's hands and gently pulling her along as I led the trio through the building and to the Non-Adoptable Ward.

As soon as we stepped in, I saw all their heads turn up to get a whiff of the air. Almost immediately after, they were pulling the cover off of the last cage and whining. I quickly made my way over, unlocking the cage and allowing them to embrace each other fully. I smiled softly at their reunion, making my way over to Mitsuri.

"Hello, Honey." I greeted, gaining Misturi's attention and causing the woman to run up to me and hug me tightly before tugging me over to Obanai. "Hey, Knucklehead."

"Tell her what you'd like to say!" Mitsuri exclaimed, smiling at Obanai.

He had heterochromatic eyes, the left being green and the other being yellow. The whites of his eyes were also black, along with his slitted pupils. He had two- almost wavy- horns visible on his temples with a white face mask covering his mouth. There were random black markings all around his body, and some parts seemed like he almost had scales.

 There were random black markings all around his body, and some parts seemed like he almost had scales

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 13, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

A Second Chance - KNYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें