-14-

I wasn't surprised when all the girls gaped at my house, especially when rock fell away into the ravine below to show the new lower floors that had just formed. Gyutaro didn't speak, but I sensed the surprise from him.

"How...?" Mitsuri asked breathlessly, looking over to me. I let my K-9's grow again, my nails sharpen, and my eyes change, and she got the picture. "That's why you felt so trusting!"

I smiled sheepishly. "I guess so."

I led them up to the doors, knocking twice and waiting for the three returning knocks. When I got no response, my brow furrowed.

'Flower...?'  No response.

'Cuddle Bug...?'  Still no response.

I could tell everyone around me sensed my worry, because I felt Gyutaro squeeze my hand once. "Is everything okay...?"

"I don't kn-"

'MAMA!'

Without a second thought, I kicked the door down and ran in. The door would fix itself anyways. The group followed behind me, and I was able to sense everyone's rapid beating hearts from the floor above us. I quickly ran up the stairs, and into the room I had given Shinjuro and his family.

"MAMA!" Nezuko cried, running towards me and clinging onto my leg. I didn't even register the sting since I was so worried about my kiddos.

I squatted down, my eyes frantically checking over her. "What happened? Are you okay?"

Nezuko simply grabbed my hand and led me into a room. I saw Rengoku in a corner, his eyes instantly locking onto mine.

"YOU!" He roared, launching himself at me.

I quickly shoved Nezuko aside and into the bed to prevent her from getting injured, wincing as my back met with the wall harshly. I stared into Rengoku's angry, fiery eyes, bringing an arm up to protect myself when he raised a fist back.

There was a growl and a thump, and suddenly Rengoku was thrown off me and Gyutaro stood in front of me protectively. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Injuring the person who took you out of that hell hole? Are you fucking crazy?!"

I rubbed Gyutaro's shoulders calmingly, pulling him back and slowly making my way over to where Rengoku was thrown.

"Are you okay?" I saw his eyes widen, the anger subsiding and something else replacing it. "I know you might be confused as to where you are, but I adopted you, your father, and your younger brother last night. You were unconscious from your injuries after you were forced to fight, but I healed you."

"...This is real?" Rengoku asked softly, eyes widening.

"Yes..." I answered, confused. "Did you think it was some sick trick?"

"I thought she was trying to break my mental resolve again..." He replied, fear soon washing over his face. "Shit- father!"

He got up, racing to the bathroom, and I followed. She? It couldn't be her... There's no way... I'll ask Morito later. Rengoku threw open the door, and instantly fell to his knees. I looked over his shoulder, seeing Shinjuro gripping his side where blood oozed out.

"Oh my hell-" I gasped, moving around Rengoku and crouching down to Shinjuro. "Fireball? Hey, answer me!"

Shinjuro peaked an eye open, and I sighed in relief. I let the glands in my mouth produce more saliva, drool pooling in my hand before I pressed it against his injury. A greenish glow illuminated the room, and his wounds slowly healed. I released his side, seeing the injuries fully healed.

"Thank you," Shinjuro said sleepily.

I nodded, hoisting him up and helping him to the bed so he could sleep. When I made it into the room the only one still present was Gyutaro. The rest must've helped the others feel at home and prepare the baths... I laid Shinjuro down, the man almost instantly falling asleep.

I turned to Rengoku who was pacing up a stitch, annoying me. "Oi, stop pacing so much. You're going to make yourself sick."

He paused, looking at me with tearful eyes. My own softened, and I looked over to Gyutaro. 'Would you mind leaving? I need to speak to him in private. I'll let you know if anything happens.'

I saw his eyes widen at my voice in his head, giving me an 'explain this shit later' look before nodding and leaving. He closed the door softly, and I walked over to Rengoku. "What's wrong, Hot Shot?"

The tears fell and a harsh sob escaped his throat as he fell to the ground. I caught him, gently setting the both of us down. He gripped onto the back of my shirt tightly, hiding his face in my neck as he cried.

"I hurt him... I hurt you... I scared-" his own sob interrupted him. "I scared the kids, my own brother."

I rubbed my hand on his back soothingly, combing my hand through his fiery hair. "It's okay. I expected this response. No one here fears you, they understand."

He just cried harder, soon coughing at the force of his sobs. He pulled back, covering his mouth. His eyes were red and swollen, tear stains visible on his cheeks. The coughing didn't stop, and I saw his face start turning red. I crawled into his lap, wrapping my legs around his hips and my arms around his neck, pressing butterfly kisses along his throat, soothing the area.

Slowly, I felt his body relax and exhaustion settle in, and before I knew it, he had fallen asleep. I sighed, wiggling away from him before picking him up into my arms. I walked him to the last spare room in the suite, pulling the covers to the bed back and putting him down. As I went to leave, he spoke softly.

"Why are you so kind...?"

Because I know how it feels to be treated like shit, and I don't want anyone else to have to go through that. "Everyone, demon or not, deserves a second chance."

"What's your name?"

"Y/n." I smiled, shutting the door. "Goodnight, Hot Shot."

"Goodnight, Y/n," he replied just as I shut the door.